Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving Week Part 2

Sunday night while talking to my mom on the phone we found out that they were getting to my grandpa's house in Spring City, UT that night instead of the next day. (My fam drove up from Houston) It was about bedtime for the kids (8:00) so we figured that'd be perfect timing for us to go too. we quickly packed up the car and took off. It ended up being THE WORST snow storm/roads/visibility we've ever been in. I haven't prayed that hard in a long time. For a while we weren't sure we would make it through those canyons, and over the Summit. It was seriously awful. But thank goodness our prayers were answered and we made it out, very slowly but surely. It took almost 2 hours longer than it should have. We got there a little before 1:00 a.m. We had to laugh when we got there because when we left Vernal our biggest worry was deer. Although, really that would have been bad too because the roads were so icy we wouldn't have been able to stop very well. Then again we really weren't going very fast...anyways.

Monday we got ready slowly then eventually headed out to Orem to visit family on my dad's side. We talked for hours to my Grandma Andersen, then Uncle VJ and fam, then Aunt LaDawn and fam. Then we got some dinner, grabbed baby food and diapers at wal-mart and headed back to grandpa's.

Tuesday morning Kenny and I took advantage of free babysitters and a close temple, and went to the Manti Temple together. I LOVE that temple so much. It's a live session which is always cool, and it's so so detailed and beautiful. We got to be the witness couple too, probably because we were the only couple under the age of like 60 haha. After the session we got to see the spiral staircase which is awesome. I had seen it before, but Kenny hadn't and it was really neat.
That evening we had a big Thanksgiving dinner with all of my mom's siblings and their families at my Grandpa Backus' house. It was so fun to see everyone again and I totally forgot to pull out my camera the whole time.

Wednesday we packed up and said goodbye, then drove up to Salt Lake City, where my sister Kim and her husband, Caleb, live. My family met us there too and we all had pizza together and said good bye to them too. From there we drove up to Rockland, Idaho.

My sister, Laura, loves being an aunt and really loves Bryn's snuggles

Grandpa Backus and Brynlee

Here's the correct 4 generations :). Brynlee, me, my dad, my dad's mom.

the gorgeous manti temple. it's like a castle in the middle of nowhere.


Grandpa Backus and Joyce



We went on a walk and petted the neighbor's horses. Spring City is such a beautiful place.

bryn, my mom, me
Me and Cami in front of Kim's apartment. Don't mind her husband's shadow haha. I sure miss living by her.

2 comments:

Elise said...

So for some reason I'm not getting your feed updates on my sidebar...I didn't realize you had all these new great posts! (It said you hadn't updated in 4 weeks....bah.)

Anyway, I'm jealous you got to go to Utah for Thanksgiving...I can't wait to go in two weeks and get out of the big city for a while! Love you, Linds!

Cam said...

I miss living by you too Linds! And hey-- I'll be your free babysitter anytime you want!! Just get me over there to you. :) Love you Linds.