Sunday, December 6, 2009

Our Week

Monday: I was so not ready for the week to start. But Monday didn't care, Monday came anyway. It started with doctors appointments for both children at 10:00. It was Brynlee's 9 month well-check up and Tyler was scheduled to have the small, white bump below his lip, drained. It went well. neither of them even cried and they were both poked with needles. Afterwards we got something to eat, then I dropped Tyler off at his friend Elijah's house. I was grateful to Rochelle for watching him while I took Brynlee down to St. Louis Children's Hospital for some tests. Since she got a UTI, our doc. wanted to see if there was any reflux of urine going back to the kidneys causing the infection. The ultrasound went well. Then we waited a little while longer for the 2nd test, which name I always forget. They stripped her down, put a catheter in her, and had me help hold her while they put dye in the urine and put this huge x-ray type machine over her (it covered her whole body since she's so little) to take pictures and watch the flow of urine. It was not so fun. Turns out, there is some reflux. Thankfully it's not serious enough to have surgery (only a Grade 2 on a scale 1-5), but she does have to take an antibiotic every night until she grows out of it.

Tuesday: Still trying to recover from the trip. Grocery shopping, cleaning van and messy house, laundry, etc. I got sick which is totally lame.

Wednesday we finally put up our Christmas tree, but didn't decorate it because putting it up took long enough and it was the kids' bedtime.

Thursday we finally decorated the tree after Kenny got home from work. This is the first year we've been able to afford a tree and we love having one. Holidays are even more fun with kids :).
Either Thursday or Friday (is it a bad sign that I can't remember a few days ago?) Brynlee was running a fever and was super fussy and waking up a lot so I called the doc. to see what to do. They asked me to take her in. I should have said NO because I hate taking all day and putting the stupid pee-bags on her waiting for her to pee IN them--that never happens. But we went and of course her fever had gone down by then and anyway, they wanted to test her urine again so after the appt. we spent all day driving around Edwardsville running errands and trying to get her urine in a little plastic bag. After the first one fell off and she pooped in the 2nd one I said forget it! So we came home. Looking back I'm sure she just had the same thing I've got (Ty's sick too now) and I was probably over-reacting since I was so worried it was another UTI.

Friday I finished sewing stockings for the kids since they don't have any. They turned out cute! I played Christmas music on Pandora all day and was so happy.

Saturday: Kenny and I went on a DATE! That was the first time since Brynlee was born that we have gone out on a date and it was wonderful. I bought our tickets to the Nutcracker about a month ago and have been looking forward to it so much. It did not dissapoint. It was performed by the Joffrey Ballet and lots of other ballerinas from the St. Louis area. It was held at the Fox Theatre in St. Louis. We paid a babysitter and everything. I made it super easy by putting the kids down for a nap RIGHT before she came so they slept for a couple hours, and that way we didn't have to have Brynlee go through the whole saying good-bye/separation/freak-out process. Apparently they were angels and brynlee didn't cry once, which I'm still not sure if I believe haha. Cassie was wonderful and we will definitely do it again sometime. maybe next time we'll even brave a date at night instead of the afternoon....that's a big step. That night we TOTALLY forgot about the ward Christmas party and went out together as a fam. We got papa john's pizza, picked up dry cleaning, bought light-bulbs, and other random stuff like that. It was just nice to be together. We came home and all got in our pajamas, climbed in our bed all together and started Star Trek. (The TV had to be put into our room since we put the christmas tree up) It was all fun and cute until 5 minutes passed and the kids were no longer interested in the movie haha. Kenny and I finished it later after they went to bed and it was a really good show. I had never seen an episode of Star Trek before and I still liked the movie.

Sunday: the kids looked stinkin cute in their new Christmas outfits that my mom sent them. Brynlee looked like a little American Girls doll. Too bad tyler and I are sick. We had somewhat of a rough night last night with the kids waking up so many times. We only went to Sacrament meeting then I brought the kids home. Kenny stayed and taught sunday school. It's been a pretty lazy and sicky Sunday. The christmas devotional was great. I love this time of year. I'm still waiting for it to snow, and stick so I can make sugar cookies :). I was thinking about it though, and last year I got sick at the exact same time. I'm just grateful that this year even though I am sick, I am not pregnant and going through finals too. That was no fun. Hopefully tomorrow we'll all be feeling a little bit better.

1 comment:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Hey we watched Star Trek the exact same time as you! Fun. That date sounds really nice. Ben said he would take me to a play soon... so we'll see :)