Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Desserts

I got a couple requests for the chocolate dream dessert recipe and I'm so glad because it is yummy and easy!
Chocolate Dream Dessert

1st layer: 1 c. flour
1 stick butter
1 c. chopped nuts (I use pecans)
Mix together and press in a 9 by 13 pan. Bake 20 min. at 350 degrees, then let cool.

2nd layer: 8 oz. cream cheese
1 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
½ to 1 c. cool whip or whip cream.
Cream together powd. sugar and vanilla and fold in whip cream. Spread over first layer.

3rd layer: 1 large package of chocolate pudding
2 ½ c. milk or 3 c.-follow directions on box
1 tsp. vanilla
Beat together and pour over 2nd layer.
Put it in the fridge to let the pudding set completely.

4th layer: Top with more cool whip.

Garnish with chocolate candies and/or nuts
Keep it in the fridge until ready to eat. You want it nice and cold. You can take all day to make it if you want, just be sure to keep it refrigerated in between each layer.
S'MORES:
A couple Sundays ago we made oven-baked s'mores for our treat. This time, instead of just using regular hershey's chocolate bars, we tried it with Reese's Peanut Buter Cups, and Rolos! It is delicious!! I can't take credit for it, I got it off of OurBestBites. But it is super yummy. Just ask my kids.

5 comments:

Terra said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Terra said...

We love s'mores with Reese cups. I also thought it was funny that Kenny wanted that dessert for his b-day. Its Jared's favorite and what he requests every year at b-day time. Except his family calls it 4-layer dessert. Seeing your pics made me hungry for it. I might have to break down and make some this week ;)

Cam said...

I have been thinking about chocolate dream dessert ever since your last post! Thanks :)

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Haha. I was about to ask you for the recipe. I still remember your mom making it (I think) in France for my 7th birthday. It's good stuff.

Also, to answer your question. I have to take continuing education credits to keep my nursing license up. It's completely seperate from school. You have to reapply every 2 years with either work hours or CE credits. No tests though :)

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Thanks for the recipe! Rolos and Reeses instead, yum! Have you ever had a Reeses, marshmallow, PB, banana grilled sandwich - pretty yummy too =D