Sunday, September 19, 2010

Nothing out of the ordinary

I don't have anything exciting to update. It was pretty much just another week.

Last Sunday we had the missionaries over for dinner. I love Sundays and that they are a day of rest, and a family day. I don't know what I would do without them in my week.

Monday I had another dr. appt. and everything is still looking fine, my glucose test came back with no problems. I'm glad I don't have to do that again.

Tuesday I was SO grateful to be able to go to book club. It's just with our Relief Society, but I was planning on Kenny not being home on time again (it was at 7:00) so I thought about bringing the kids. But he did come home so I was very glad to have a night off. We read the book Devil's Food Cake by Josi S. Kilpack. It was a fun, easy read. Not exactly intellectualy stimulating, but it was real fun to do for a book club because it has some fantastic recipes in it (all her books are like that) and so we each made something different and brought it. I was lucky enough to make the actual devil's food cake and it was delicious. I am probably going to buy the book just for the recipes :). We didn't end up talking much about the book itself, but we did have fun talking and eating--2 of my favorite things.

Wednesday Kenny had Young Mens and I relished in free time again. I had put the kids to bed and so I spread out all my projects and sewed while watching Sleepless in Seattle. It was wonderful. I made a couple baby blankets and 2 tutu's for Bryn this week. I also did a fall table runner, and made a little thing to hang up Tyler's artwork and crafts in his room. I may or may not get around to taking pictures of those things and putting it on here. (Btw-I didn't make all of that in one day, just throughout the week.)

Thursday I had a presidency meeting in the morning, and Tyler had the Little Gym again that evening. Kenny even showed up to watch him for a lot of it which was SO fun for Tyler. I loved to see his face when Kenny showed up. He never pays much attention to me during class, but he looked over every few minutes to make sure his dad was still watching him.

Friday we wanted to go apple-picking but my to-do list was a mile long and a lot of it was stuff I needed Kenny around for. So we decided to make the most of his actually being home and we got a lot done this weekend.

Saturday was the same, just lots of "getting stuff done". It was a very productive, and tiring weekend. We've had a bad problem with spiders ands ants in our home so Kenny helped to take care of that problem, thank goodness. Oh and we also drove out to the hospital where we're planning on delivering this baby and took a little tour of it. It's a nice place, and it made me very excited and anxious about the whole thing.

I'm still doing Tyler's preschool every day with him and he loves it. He was begging me to do it with him on Saturday even. I'm so glad he loves it so much. It's really fun to watch him learn and his skills develop.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

don't you LOVE being busy? it's so much fun having projects and activities to do. i thought you were super woman making all those projects-you still are, but the thought of you making all that stuff in one night was insane! haha!

Charity said...

Hey I want to see what you made to hang up Tylers papers and art stuff- I need something like that! Your night sewing and watching a cute movie sounded perfect :)