Monday, September 27, 2010

A few main events

I love sleeping in a little later than planned, only because my bed is so nice and warm and my house was cold. Yes, I said cold. Yesterday it was rainy and really chilly and I loved it!! This week is supposed to be beautiful! Welcome, cooler temperatures.

Here's a few of the highlights of our week last week:

Monday: Kenny was actually home not only in time to see the kids before they went to bed, but for us to have FHE with him too!

Tuesday: Tyler had a playgroup thing that he goes to just once a month with a bunch of other kids and had a blast. It was dinosaur themed so they dug in the sand for little plastic dinos and painted, did a dinosaur craft, read a book and played on the playground.

Wednesday: Brynlee got her cast off! My friend Rochelle was so kind to let Tyler play at her house while we went. It all went so much smoother and faster than last time. Brynlee is an angel when it's just me and her. But she and Tyler are so competitive and he teases her so much and they just make quite the scene. Last time was one tantrum after another, and Tyler put stickers all over my legs, and I got a lot of "you've sure got your hands full" comments. This time, it was all so much better :). They did some more x-rays and still couldn't see enough bone growth that would indicate a fracture. But the doc said she still would have put the cast on, and I agree. Glad to have that over with.
That night I took the kids out for ice cream cuz Kenny had YM and I got a pumpkin/oreo shake. Cami--go to AC where the good stuff is and eat one of their pumpkin/oreo shakes for me. I miss them!!

Thursday: We went to the St. Louis Zoo with Terra and her son, Jacob. Jacob and Tyler are good buddies and we all had a great time, despite the heat.


Looking at the giraffes. Whenever Brynlee sees a giraffe she calls it a "long neck!"
Tyler also had Little Gym that night. We never got around to doing his preschool that day.
Friday was nothing too significant. Kenny came home at like 4:30 and it just makes the whole evening so much better when he's there. We had homemade pizza and went on a nice walk to the lake and watched the sun go down.
Saturday: Went to Aria Pearson's baptism. (My friend Rochelle's daughter.) It was a great chance for Tyler to really understand what they do and talk about what it means. Kenny went on another 50 mile bike ride. That evening we went to Lisa Bowerman's birthday celebration for a little while, before I took off to the Relief Society Broadcast. I loved it so much and I can't wait till General Conference this weekend. My parents and 2 youngest siblings are coming to our house for the first time since we moved here and I'm so giddy with excitement! I can't wait to see them!
I also read a book this week called The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls. It was really good (I loved it even more because it was her story), and made me realize how blessed I am.
All in all it was a great week.

2 comments:

Cam said...

I've been waiting for that book to be on hold for me forever! I'm excited to read it. And yes, I will eat a pumpkin and oreo shake for you! They just came back this last week, and I immediately thought of you. So jealous that Mom and Dad get to see you this weekend! Love you!

Shalean said...

Wow Linds! You are an early bird blogger!! All of this talk of pumpkin/oreo shakes is making me hungry! I may have to go try that one ;) Enjoy your family!!