Tuesday, September 28, 2010

3/4

This morning while at the gym, I was thinking about how much I normally love working out, and how much I hate being so fat and unable to do much physically when pregnant. But then I thought, hey! I'm 30 weeks along today! Only 10 more to go!! That's 3/4 of the way there! These last few months are always hard on me (mostly mentally) and I'm so negative about the way I look. But this time around in particular I seem to be growing at an exponential rate. Not the baby, just me. My love handles are averaging about the size of Texas, with my double chin and cheeks tagging along not too far behind. But the good news is it won't last much longer, and it's the sweetest reward at the end. I'm getting really excited and nervous (and a little stressed that we can't think of a name). But I have been very blessed with such good health, me and this little girl so I really have nothing to complain about.

Yesterday I had another Dr. appt. and of course have to take the kids along with me. Tyler always studies those posters and pictures they have up on the walls in the rooms and I wish he wouldn't haha. They're pretty graphic of female bodies for a 3 year old boy. But yesterday, several hours after we had been home he finally asked me the dreaded question...

Ty: How are you going to get the baby out? Cuz the baby is in your tummy, but your tummy is too small!
Me: (trying to joke it off...) my tummy isn't small, it's huge!
Ty: (obviously not satisfied with me dodging the question...) So how does the baby get out of there?
Me: Well I go to the hospital and they take it out.
Ty: But HOW?

So I explained it on a very simple level and he laughs and says, "Oh that's just crazy!!"
Hahaha. I sure love that boy.

3 comments:

Cam said...

Ty is so darn cute! And Linds, you could never be fat. I'm sure you look amazing! Good luck thinkin' of a name... tough stuff. Can't wait to see her in a few weeks!

Caitlin said...

haha! he's too cute!

Terra said...

you don't HAVE to take them to the doctor with you. You could bring them over here.