Thursday, September 2, 2010

Rain

It rained off an on all day yesterday, and all night last night, and it still hasn't let up. I love it! It reminded me of this picture. We were in Adam-Ondi-Ahman, just beginning our tour for the day when it started raining pretty hard. We took shelter under a large tree, and Tyler started to cry because he is our worry wart who stresses out about everything, and the fact that we were outside in the rain was really getting to him. I was running out of ways to comfort my comfort-less child, when Kenny's dad saved the day. Grandpa Weston walks out from under the tree with his hands up and exclaims "Oh I love the rain!" Tyler watched with interest, and eventually decided to follow. So did Kenny and Bryn, and by the end Tyler was as happy (and as wet) as could be. Now whenever it rains he says "I like the rain, just like Grandpa!" That's a great memory for him, and for me.

3 comments:

Tina Braegger said...

Great picture! I love this story. Tyler is too cute!

Hey-I have been meaning to ask you if you can send me your address. I would love to make and send you some hair bows. Hopefully I will get some done soon. You can e mail me your address if you want. Thanks!!
tinaeluvzcats@yahoo.com

Cam said...

What a cute picture! Tyler is so funny!

ps I'd LOVE to teach you to diagram sentences haha

Carly said...

ooooh that is so sweet!!!