Thursday, October 21, 2010

Can't think of one

Almost every night I dream of running. Sometimes I'm running with other people, sometimes by myself. But my body is strong and capable, and I occassionally leap over things like they're hurdles on a track. The speed makes the wind blow in my hair and my heart race.

Then I wake up. I probably woke up because whatever side I was laying on is numb, and it takes great effort and usually some pain to turn over to the other side. I'm careful to not point or flex my foot, trying to avoid leg cramps as I hoist myself up. I am in no condition to run these days, and walking alone usually does me in. I have a lot more hip and everywhere-else pain this time around. Must be the way she's positioned, or because it's my third pregnancy. But I'm hoping the next 6 1/2 weeks go by quickly.

At the same time, I want them to go very slowly. Brynlee is in all kinds of transitions right now--she's growing up. She's potty training (more of her own will than mine), and sleeping in a big girl bed. I try to talk to her about the baby in my tummy, but she has no idea what's coming. She'll repeat baby, and try to lift up my shirt to find the baby that I must be hiding, haha. I feel like the spacing of these two is just right though, again, and I'm grateful for that. She is such a big girl. She rarely likes to even be in the stroller, she likes to be the one pushing it.

Tyler was a lot different at this age. I think part of it is because she's a girl, and part of it is their personalities. But it's a lot of fun to see all the differences in them and try to adjust accordingly.

We're really loving this fall weather. I have all the windows open all the time and it's just beautiful! The kids never want to come inside, and I don't blame them. We've got to soak it up for the few perfect weeks that it lasts. Winter will come all too quickly, so we're trying to live it up while we can.

2 comments:

Elise said...

Jen (my sister-in-law) had horrible hip pain with her third pregnancy. She went to the chiropractor a few times because it was so bad, and I think that helped a little. But then she broke her foot, so she couldn't really walk anyway. Ugh. I hope these next six weeks go ok for you!

Cam said...

So sorry about your pains Linds! I hope these next few weeks go buy quickly too-- I can't wait to see that little girl! Wish you could be here this weekend.