Tuesday, October 12, 2010

They were here, we were there

I figure I better get all the pictures off my mom's camera while I have access to them. I forgot to bring my camera so the only pictures I have are here. Anyway.


My parents, Tim and Sarah arrived Friday afternoon. We didn't have a whole lot of time while they came to see us in Illinois, but we were so grateful that they made the trip anyways, knowing it would be more driving hours than visiting hours. We walked down to the lake to show them Tyler and Bryn's favorite spot to throw rocks. It just so happened to be the week that they lower the lake (like every 4 years or something) so people can fix their docks, etc. So it was not the same, but we did find treasures! My dad and Tim found lots of empty beer bottles. They would throw them out into the water so they would be bobbing straight up and then throw rocks and see who could break it first. Pretty fun huh? :)


Saturday morning before Conference started we went down into Edwardsville to the fire station because they were doing a fun tour thing. We checked out the fire trucks, got balloons and free knick-knacks, and Tyler got to spray their big hoses at some fake fires. He loved it!


I don't think they ever stopped wrestling and playing around with their Uncle Tim. Tim would hold them in his hands and bench press them, or they lay on his back and he does push-ups with them on him. They think it's hilarious!


Now a few pictures of since we've been here...

Brynlee sings pretty much constantly. No one appreciates her singing more than Grandpa Andersen. Here they were singing along together, probably I Am a Child of God, one of her favorites.

The kids enjoyed "helping" uncle Tim wash the back windows. (Notice Tyler dousing himself with the hose and Brynlee playing in the bubbles...Tim sure puts up with a lot from them and they love him for it.)

We also went bowling and have just had lots of fun here! We are sure excited to go home to see Kenny though--we miss him!!

3 comments:

Cam said...

I am so jealous you got to be at home with everyone! Looks like y'all had a great time. Bryn's hair is beautiful! And I can't believe how that machine takes up that sewing room... pretty amazing.

Charity said...

How fun!!! Family is what its all about :) So you need to put up some prego pictures of you!

Carly said...

so much fun! :) you look a lot like your dad!