Monday, October 18, 2010

Catching Up

We had a very fun weekend! On Wednesday we flew home and Kenny picked us up at the airport. About 30 minutes after our flight arrived, my sister Kim and her baby Sam got here! We couldn't have planned our flights better if we had tried. They flew from Idaho Falls and I was so excited to see them! Samuel has grown so much since I last saw him, I hardly recognized him! It was so fun having her here, it really made me wish I lived by my sisters. They're my best friends and it stinks living so far from all of them.
We didn't do anything terribly exciting while she was here, just our normal day-to-day stuff. She left on Friday morning for Nauvoo to attend her friend's wedding, and got back Saturday night.
On Saturday we had a fun family day. We took the kids swimming in the morning. That evening we made a fire and roasted hot dogs for dinner, and had s'mores too! It was such a beautiful evening. When Kim got back, we put the kids to bed and watched the movie Temple Grandin while I hand-stitched the binding on the baby quilt I made.






Kenny and Tyler gathered up a bunch of pinecones and threw them in the fire once we were done with all of our roasting. I'd never done it before, but it makes the fire really bright. Kenny took some cool pictures and this one is one of my favorites.


Brynlee and Tyler just loved having "baby Sam" as they called him, here with us. It was really cute to watch them all interact. Unfortunately, this is the only picture I got with Kim and I in it, as sad as that is. And it's not even of the two of us, we're holding each other's babies. I'll try to pull my camera out more next time. Her flight wasn't until after 7:00 that night so we had the whole day with them and it was so fun. Come back soon! And anyone else that wants to come, we love visitors! :)

4 comments:

Cam said...

Holy cow Sam is so big! And Ty and Bryn are growing up so fast. I need to come out there and visit you Linds! I'm so glad Kim got to go. But mostly just jealous :)

Stephanie said...

You are killing me! I want to come visit you more than life itself. How about you have your baby really early so you can come here for Christmas? Good idea.

Tina Braegger said...

Wow! You guys are always so busy and have such an exciting life! haha. That is awesome that you got to see your family. I love all the pictures from your posts. That was so nice of kenny to let you go, Tyrell would be too lonely if we left..haha! You look great Linds! Are you totally ready to have a baby yet!? Bryn is so cute with her bows in her hair. I cant wait for Olivia to eventually grow some. Glad you guys are doing well!

Elise said...

Aaargh! I wish I could've come joined the fun!

I'm still super excited for Thanksgiving...