Sunday, April 17, 2011

Highlights and Funnies

My 3 little helpers making almond poppy seed bread with me

A few more highlights from this week: Thursday I had my LAST presidency meeting with these wonderful women. We had very little business, but brought a lunch at the park and had fun. It's been a lot of fun working with them and learning from them. That night, Kenny went out to eat (on the company!!) with everyone else in their division. The project is ending here in the next 2 months so they're tapering off the employees pretty quickly. Apparently it was a pretty nice restaurant, and they had a good time. Saturday morning I got to go listen to Stephanie Nielsen (nie nie) speak. Her parents are the mission presidents here for the St. Louis mission so that's why she came here. It was a really neat experience. She's just an amazing woman, and very inspirational. I cried a lot, as did everyone else. After she spoke, they opened it up for a Q and A and it was fun to get to know her better. To just hear her talk as she normally would, not reading from a paper. After 2 hours I left even though they were still going, but it was great. I went shopping at the mall that was right there to take care of some exchanges for kids clothes, and look for an outfit for myself. It is much easeir to shop alone, than with 3 little crazies. But I always miss them when I'm away!! That night we went over to the Borden's in our ward for dinner. I made dinner, and it was supposed to be something I dropped off to them. But he is a very persistent man and insisted that we stay and eat dinner with them. They're an older couple, with his mom living with them, so it was interesting. But fun to get to know them better. Funnies: Tyler made up the term "boom-kick". He got the game Yahtzee Jr. for his birthday, and we honestly play every single day, at least once, but usually between 3-5 times. He LOVES it. This week he came up with a boom-kick, which is when you get a yahtzee in one roll. Bryn's new favorite phrase is "I can't bewieve it mom". It's always over the most random things. For example she's chasing butterflies and when they get away she says, I can't bewieve it mom. Or she'll be wearing a dish towel on her head and come over to me in all seriousness..."I can't bewieve it mom". Kenny has had the opportunity twice now to feed Madi her cereal/baby food. He is always trying to come up with a different way of doing things. He wasn't liking how she spit out 3/4 of the food with each bite. So he fed her with a syringe medicine dropper thingy. I laughed so hard. Good thing I'm here or our kids would never learn how to eat properly from utensils! :)


***Will somebody tell me how to keep my paragraphs when I post?! This is so annoying.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Ya the paragraph thing is driving me crazy too! I love that picture with your lil helpers :) So where are you moving? Is Kenny still working for the same company and they just move the employees around when this 'phase' is done? I'm confused...you got some splainin to do! Good luck with the move, its so much work- We will hopefully be moving in somewhere in the next two weeks too!