Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mon. and Tues.

On Monday, Madison had her 4-month check up. This girl is a tank. She weighed 18 pounds 1/2 oz. (99th %) and was 26 1/2 inches long (97th %). Head was 16 3/4in. (90th %). I had started giving her cereal the past week because she was just hungry all the time, but I was afraid to over-feed her because she was already so big, but she was really fussy a lot because she was always hungry! Our doc said to start her on veggies, then fruits, once a day at lunch, then give her cereal for dinner as well. Madi was smiling and "talking" to her a lot. I told her that Madi liked her so much cuz she's giving me permission to feed her like she wants! haha. The ankle rolls and triple chin aren't going to be so cute when she's like 17, but for now it is so adorable! We can't get enough of our big girl. For FHE that night we went to the church and played basketball and soccer. I love playing one-on-one with Kenny. I love basketball so much, and I love him so much, so what could be better than combining the two?! Then we stopped for ice cream on the way home and it was just so fun to be together. Tyler is pretty obsessed with soccer right now, and I love it. He wants to play all the time (although by watching him in his games, you wouldn't suspect it! lol) Yesterday I took the kids to our playgroup we do once a month. It was our last time to go! They enjoyed playing with their friends on the playground, and decorating Easter bags for the Easter egg hunt. It was funny to watch Bryn discover the fact that there's stuff inside the Easter eggs--always an exciting moment. Ty also had another soccer game last night. It's like one hour of pure entertainment for all the parents on the sidelines. I love it. Kenny met us from work there, then we switched cars afterwards. He took the kids home and I went to recipe club, which was fun to eat and chat with other women. I left a little early and went shopping for Easter outfits/family pictures. Of course, I found something for everyone but me. That always happens. I hate shopping for myself, it never works. (Sorry this is all one paragraph. Blogger is being dumb and keeps ruining it.)

3 comments:

Laura said...

I do recall Mom telling a very similar story about me but at my 3 month appt. and much heavier than little Madi. She'll turn out just as fine as her favorite Aunt Laura :)

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

I love baby fat rolls. It makes them more soft :) And I am planning on getting some gripe water asap. Thanks for the advice. You are too sweet Linds. Have you found out where you're going? Is it Provo, UT? Cause I would cry out of happiness.

Shelley said...

I just looked at a bunch of your posts and I love the pictures! Your kids are adorable and I know you are a super amazing mom! I'm curious where you guys are moving to. Lily was just as chunky as your baby. She was always in the 99% for weight. I love chunky babies!! Oh and I'm jealous you could have a BBQ, it's still been pretty cold in Rexburg and it's a little depressing! Good luck with everything. We miss you guys!