Sunday, April 10, 2011

Weekend Fun

On Friday night we went over to Jared and Terra Reed's house for a fun get together. There were several other families there (Pearsons, Lindsays, Porter kids, Ryans, and Davis'). We threw hot dogs on the grill, and some roasted them over the fire. The kids ran around and had a crazy-good time, while the adults enjoyed talking. My kind of night. The weather was perfect, too. Here's a cute shot of Tyler with one of his best buddies, Jacob. I looked around at everyone that night and felt a little sad. I'm really going to miss the wonderful friends we've made here. We love them all so much, and have felt so much love from them, too.

We've had some crazy thunderstorms during the nights and Friday and Sat. a.m. I took the kids on walks for the sole purpose of finding puddles to splash in. We have pretty crappy roads in this neighborhood, and no sidewalks, so it made it easy. Saturday I brought my camera, and I'm so glad I did. They had a blast. First there were only little puddles...
Then medium-sized puddles...
Then a very large puddle where Madi and I sat watching them for over 10 minutes in just this one place. They were completely soaked by the end, and they loved every bit of it.
I think I know why these are called galoshes. That's totally the sound they make when they're full of water. It was funny listening to the squishy galosh sound with each step they took on the way home. When they sat down to take them off, it was like in the cartoons when all the water comes pouring out of them haha.

Kenny got to go paintballing with some guys from work that afternoon. Although he came home with welts all over his back, he had the time of his life!

2 comments:

Cam said...

What cute pictures! I'm so glad you guys have met great people where you live- that's the coolest part of moving around! Can't wait to live close to you though :)

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Such fun and adorable pictures!