Tuesday, October 11, 2011

An Announcement and Catching Up

First of all, the most exciting part....WE'RE HAVING ANOTHER GIRL!! I am so excited. I'm sure I would be just as excited if it were a boy, I really never care. I just love love seeing my little baby when I have my ultrasound. It was this morning, and Kenny and the kids came. It was seriously hilarious. Here's a few comments from the kids as they watched the screen:

Tyler: It looks like a dinosaur!
It looks like you're feeding a fish...

Brynlee: It's a creature monster!
(When she switched over to a 3D image, and the screen changed...) It's an orange baby!

She kept having to wait till I stopped laughing to continue because my stomach was obviously moving when I laughed, making the pictures go all funky. But the kids were cracking me up, seeing it from their perspective. Unfortunately, all the joy left the room (for Tyler) as soon as she said "you're having a little girl". Tyler's whole countenance changed and I really thought he was going to cry. I immediately turned to him and put my arm around him and he said, "Another girl?" Poor kid is not that excited. But I know he'll love her so much once she's here. But we are thrilled. Anyways, here's a little catch up on our weekend.

Saturday we completely spaced Tyler's soccer game, and I'm so mad about that. I don't know how we forgot, but we did. Kenny was working on his talk ALL day because he had worked late every day last week so he hadn't had a chance to work on it. Late like, anywhere between 8:30-10:00. But Stake Conference was that night and we had one of the young women come and watch Ty and Bryn. I brought Madi with us since she was still kind of fussy/sick. Kenny did an awesome job speaking in the adult session of Stake Conference. I was so nervous for him haha, but he really did great. It was on spiritual preparedness.
Sunday: Obviously another day of Stake Conference. Tyler got to go up and sing with all the other primary kids. I always get comments from his teachers/primary leaders how they always love to hear Tyler sing so loud and he knows the words. That night we went over to the Henrichsen's house for dinner. We brought over some pumpkin choc. chip cookies with cream cheese frosting. Brynlee has figured out that if you show up at just the right time, you don't have to help do anything but lick the beaters :).
The family had a big dog, a guinea pig, some fish, and a python. I'm not even kidding, we all held it. I was freaking out. Kenny has pictures on his phone. Tyler was way more brave than I was. He let them wrap it around his neck/shoulders. I wanted to die it was so gross and freaky. But we all lived haha.
Monday: we did some fun fall things. We went over to the Critchlow's since we haven't seen them since their litle Caleb was born. Then we met up with the Palmers at the park to let the kids play and collect leaves. The fall here is GORGEOUS!! OH my heck I never want to come inside because all the leaves are just so pretty. Scott is in between Ty and Bryn in age, and they also have a daughter a little younger than Madi.

Tyler did a little craft with all his leaves when we got home.

That night for FHE activity/treat we made some caramel apples. YUM!




Fall is seriously the best.

3 comments:

Cam said...

Woohoo!! I'm so glad you're having a girl too... our girls will be best cousin friends! Maybe Kim will have a girl too- that'd just be a party.

Laura said...

So excited for you! So many girls...I love it! Can't wait to see you so soon!

Dani said...

Congrats Linds!! I am in complete awe-- you're having your 4th! I can barely keep up with 2. You're amazing, but of course, that's nothing new. Congrats and get some rest before that baby gets here.