Saturday, October 22, 2011

Nature Center and Trunk or Treat

Friday was another rainy day. But we decided to head out to the Rocky River Nature Center, which is only like 15 min. away. The kids had a lot of fun indoors. By the time we were done inside, it had stopped raining so we walked around outside for a little bit. One thing I know for sure, Ohio sure knows how to do fall. It is gorgeous everywhere we go. I will soak up every bit until winter comes.







That night was our ward trunk or treat/chili cook-off. Tyler really wants to be a knight for Halloween but we didn't have a costume yet so we just dug around in our costume bin and he decided on being a cowboy. Brynlee wanted to be a butterfly, and Madi used the dog costume that all 3 of our children have worn at Halloween :). I am not a huge fan of Halloween, but I sure do love seeing my kids dressed up cute and getting so excited about it.



They had a great time playing some of the games and getting candy. I even won (sort of...I guess they chose 3 winners?? I wasn't there when they announced it) the chili cook-off too, so that's fun. I just use the Lion House Chili recipe and we love it. It's sweet and spicy. Anyway it was a fun night and we all came home exhausted. Although not tired enough, it seems, because the girls took turns keeping me up all night. Bah!

No comments: