Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Takin' it Easy

All 3 kids are sick. We don't go anywhere (except emergency trips to the store when we run out of medicine), and if you should happen to come over you'd find us all in our pajamas. Yeah, I decided to join them in that today. Normally this white board has our dinner menu for the week. Right now it just looks like this...


And this is about how general conference weekend went down...

These poor needy girlies just want to be held all the time. Although I still managed to honor the conference tradition of making scones on Sat. and cinnamon rolls on Sun. yum!
Being sick is the pits. And I'm just so grateful I've been healthy enough to take care of them. We all just take naps whenever we can, or when their poor little bodies just poop out because we don't sleep well at night. There's a constant chorus of coughing and crying (try and beat that alliteration!) day and night. I even have a notebook where I write down each child and what medicine I gave them at what time, because it's too much for me to remember on my own. Pathetic, huh. Normally I just get kind of angry when my kids are sick. I don't know why, I just hate seeing them like that when there's nothing I can do about it. So this time I've decided to be upset with the pediatrician. I took Brynlee in and she said it was just a virus. It very well may be, but I think she should have done a better job checking her, at least do a throat culture. Luckily, she has no idea I'm directing my anger at her. But today the sun is actually shining (it's been a while, you see) so my spirits are up today. So let's talk about happier times (like last week) since it's been a while since I've blogged.


First of all, BIG NEWS!!
Brynlee is potty-trained!!! Woo-hoo! She really caught on fast this time and it wasn't hardly a big deal after a few days. I'm so proud of her. 3rd time's a charm right? It was a couple Thursdays ago and we were shopping at Kohl's. She saw a pair of Dora panties and really wanted to get them. So I told her we could, but we'd have to start wearing them the next day, so she needed to use the big girl potty. She just said "okay". So we went for it and she's done great!! This picture was taken on the first day she's proudly showing off Dora and holding up her dum-dum pop after going in the potty. (I think that was after 3 or 4 accidents...but it was the first day.) I told her that when she went 3 days with no accidents she could get a new baby doll. When we got to the store, she decided on some ponies instead and that has been a nice little pick-me-up for her during these sick days.


Here's our sweet Madi, she loves to tinkle those ivories :). Seriously, she always crawls over to the piano and pounds out a little number--whatever those fingers can reach haha. She is so sweet, but has developed a serious attachment to me. As in, a lot of times not even daddy will do. But she is at that age. She also has decided that she won't fall asleep anywhere but in my arms. She used to just lay down in her crib and go to sleep with the other kids...no more of that my friends! She is demanding a little more attention, and I am inclined to give it to her since she won't be the baby for much longer. She walks along furniture and loves to play games.


Our big Ty man is doing great too. (Or was doing great...remember these are the happier days we're referring to.) He is loving preschool and soccer and being a great helper. Some days he feels like he looks especially cool with whatever outfit he chose, and requests I take a picture...


He usually sings himself to sleep, and they're always made-up songs that he creates on the spot. He keeps us laughing all the time with things he says. He likes to use the word "hypothesis". A while back I had made bread for the first time since moving here and he takes a bite and says "Thank you, Mom. This bread is delightful!"

Last night during family night he got to choose the opening song and he says in all seriousness, "I Pray to The Man". After several minutes of me laughing so hard I was crying, I finally composed myself enough to figure out that he meant "Praise to the Man" hahaha. I told Kenny we might need to have another lesson on prayer ;).

These pics are from a few weeks ago we went to another one of the metroparks they have here. This one had a lot of cool birds in different cages. Bald eagle, owls, vultures, etc. Then we went ona nice walk in the little forest part.

Just ignore that sign that says keep off the rock wall...my kids obviously do.



Well I hope you are all taking it easy this week, too.

2 comments:

Carly said...

Your kids are so cute!!

Alyse and Carlos said...

"I Pray to The Man" may be my new favorite hymn. That made me LOL.