Sunday, January 11, 2015

A well-documented Saturday

Saturday, January 10th. In the morning we were slow going and did some Saturday cleaning. Then everyone went off to different activities and I pulled out my camera. I decided I should take a pic of what everyone was doing at that very minute, just as a fun comparison. This was at 11:14 a.m.

Madison was finger-painting

Brynlee was painting the pieces to her birdhouse. It was a Christmas gift.

Kelsey was also finger painting

Tyler was doing his first lesson in French on Rosetta Stone

Kenny was burning some calories ;)

Briggsy was snoozin

Later that morning we had a big dance party to some Glee songs on youtube. Bryn showed off some twirling for me while I practiced with my camera on her.


And Briggs got some air

 He's such a cute little chunk. His laugh is to die for. Seriously it's so cute. And those rolls. Are you kidding me?! :)

Tyler has been wanting to make pancakes ALL BY HIMSELF for us, so he did that for lunch. He made cinnamon pancakes and did a great job. a few more times and I don't think I'll even have to supervise ;)

After lunch I couldn't take it anymore and told everyone to get their coats on because mommy needed some sunshine!!! So we drove to the park a few minutes from our house and the kids got so excited when they realized they could run out on the frozen-over-lake and go as far as they wanted. Tyler especially was so enthralled with how deep the ice was, the big cracks, and the air bubbles we could see underneath. It was so fun. Then we played on the playground for a while, and played tag for a while, and finally went home. Oh it was good to get out! It's so helpful to have Kenny there to carry Briggs around. He's so heavy. And when he tends to him I actually get to play--really play--with the kids. I really love babies but sometimes it's nice to be free too.





Cute Bryn and her skinny little chicken legs underneath that big coat. :)




I'd love to come here at night when they turn these lights on. If only we had ice skates we could skate on the ice like normal people :)




That night we played games and had dinner and baths, and I put sock curlers in the girls' hair. It was a really great family day. I love the weekends.

No comments: