Monday, January 5, 2015

December Wrap-Up

It's hard to believe 2014 has already come to a close. There's a few more things I wanted to mention for our record. 

--Our ward boundaries got changed around. We got moved into the Wasilla ward, at 11 a.m. We're having fun getting to know some more wonderful people. Kenny got called as the Elders Quorum President and is jumping in and getting right to work. He's got a big load on his shoulders and I'm grateful for all that he does. He is good at balancing lots of stressful things, much better than I am. 

--Tyler and Kenny read The Giver together. It took them a few weeks, just reading a chapter a night. It was a really good experience for both of them and led to great discussions with Tyler about free agency, friendship, etc. That sweet boy even cried a couple times throughout the course of the book. The friendship between The Giver and Jonas was especially touching to him. Shortly after they finished reading it, it came out on movie (in Redbox). So we rented it and after Kenny and I watched it to make sure it'd be okay for him, we let him watch it. They had changed a lot of things from the book but it was still fun.

--Briggs continues to be the hardest baby I've ever had. I've never felt so incompetent as a mother and just, at a loss as to what to do for him. I don't like to go on about it much. I'm hoping if I just have pictures of him being happy and cute, I will forget how dang hard these last  (almost) 5 months have been. I keep thinking that we're on the edge of getting better. But I'm still waiting.

--We haven't had very much snow this year, which is very unusual. It's also been fairly warm, comparatively speaking. Still winter of course, but not as harsh as in the past. We don't get outside nearly as much as I would like because of the baby. So we're sure grateful for the extra space we have in this house, compared to last winter. They sure do have fun whenever we do get a good snow, though!



Made some fun colorful bubbles one morning. Of course, Mads and Kels are in their princess dresses

This should be in November...I had to hurry and snap a picture of it before we got rid of it. We missed several days but it was still a fun activity and helped us to focus on our blessings.

Thankfully, we don't have CC during the month of December. It was a welcome break. But this is a picture of a fun science thing they all did. Every week they would learn about various parts of the body and color/cut them out. then at the end they put them all together inside a tracing of their own body. The girls had one too.

I love her curly hair :)


Rollerblading in the garage helps to get some energy out!






A common scene with lots of little mommies in the house.


On our way to Anchorage one morning.

No comments: