Sunday, January 4, 2015

Christmas Day

We had been up pretty late setting up Christmas. Then Briggs woke up during the night to eat. Then at 5:30 I get a text saying that my brother Tim was on a google chat!! He's on his mission in France (finishing up in march). So I slowly rolled out of bed, very tired, and snuck into the laundry room to chat on my cell phone so I wouldn't wake anybody up. My stupid phone wouldn't let me see anybody except for my own picture. But it was still really great to be a part of the family conversation and hear everybody. We are sure excited to go pick up Tim in France with some of my other siblings, and parents. when I got done talking I quickly made the batter for the crepes and stuck it in the fridge. By then Briggs had woken up, and then a few minutes later all the kids were ready to come down. Tyler said he had woken up so many times during the night, hoping it was time! :). I love that excitement and remember it so vividly from my own wonderful childhood.
Waiting to come downstairs...
 I didn't take any pictures of them opening presents or anything, but I sure enjoyed it all with them. We started with stockings and they checked out what was in there. Then we had breakfast, and started a new tradition per Tyler's request, of Christmas Crepes! It was yummy. Don't forget the bacon :). After breakfast we went back and they opened Santa stuff. After checking all that out for a while, we then moved to gifts under the tree. They each drew a sibling name and were so excited for the gifts they gave each other, and for what they had gotten for Kenny and I. Doing it this way (with breakfast in between) helped to drag it out a little bit longer instead of having everything be over within 10 minutes :). It was a very magical Christmas morning and everyone was happy. We stayed in our pajamas most of the day, and didn't change until later in the afternoon. We also got a few inches of snow that fell thick and heavy all while we were opening gifts. It was a beautiful, white Christmas :). Kenny and Ty shoveled the driveway together and I made Christmas dinner of ham and au-gratin potatoes and sparkling cider. Growing up we always had that meal on Christmas Eve, but we've decided to change it to Christmas day since there's never anything going on that day, and there's always a lot to cram into Christmas Eve. It's less stressful that way, for us. I neglected to get any pictures of it I guess.



New legos and a fabulous Shark book

I just love when they're all playing nicely together


Checking out daddy's new gift--a gas fire pit.
Overall it was a very successful Christmas! We are so very blessed and do not forget that everything we have comes from God.

No comments: