Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Kid things

Tyler is extremely helpful with Briggs. He's also the only kid strong enough to carry that big lug. In the car he sits in the front-middle just so he can help with the baby. He plays a version of "peek-a-boo" with him. Only he doesn't realize that's what he's doing and he calls it "Isolated World". He said, "See? When I put a blanket over Briggs it makes his eyes go really wide and he goes quiet. He likes a little alone time for a minute, then I take it off. It's his own isolated world in there."
I sometimes wish for my own little isolated world. ;)

Brynlee cried for probably an hour or two the other day because she just decided she wanted a cat SO BAD. It was pretty touch-and-go there for a while but I think she's realized she is going to live, even without a cat in our home. :) Poor girl. I know it's a very real desire but I will not cave. I went against my better judgment with a puppy and we all saw how long that lasted! I told her when she grows up and has her own house she can have as many cats and dogs and everything else that she wants. I'm such a nice mom.

Let's talk about Brynlee's prayers. They're pretty funny. She says things like "please bless Heavenly Father and Jesus", "please help Kelsey to stop picking her nose" (granted, that's a very real problem). "Please help Briggs to never spit up or cry ever again." (I have the same prayer...) I love to hear her thoughts in prayer form.

Madison got a CTR ring at church the other day and I saw her wearing it. I wanted to see if she remembered what it stood for so I asked her, "What does that ring help you to remember?" She replied, "That I'm a princess."
Not exactly what I was going for, but I suppose that's a very good thing for her to remember, too. :)


The other day Maddie really wanted to make a fort and was determined to do it by herself. So she got out all the blankets she could find and laid them all across the couch.
And that was it.
She was pretty proud.

4 comments:

Kerri Andersen said...

Oh my gosh your posts are the best...you are so good at documenting the cute and important and funny things! I love it.

Laura said...

Tom and I are laughing so hard at your adorable kids. I wish we were closer, I miss them so dang much! Tell Brynn that when Tom and I live in an animal friendly place we will for sure have pets so she can come stay with us for a while ;)

Colleen said...

Give my Bryners a big hug. Tell her you come by it naturally -- you mom is the same. But if she wants Grandma to visit. ..well, maybe she doesn't 't care :) Tyler told me he'd wait til i pass away to get a cat. Lol!!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

These posts give me the biggest smiles and laughter. Adorable. So real and relatable.