Friday, July 10, 2015

France Trip Day 9 - March 19

Grabbed breakfast at our hotel and drove to Paris! We went to the Louvre for a sinfully short amount of time. Seriously we've got to be the record-setters for the shortest amount of time spent at the Louvre! It was awful, but there's just always so much to see. You could spend days in that museum alone. It was so neat though. Driving around Paris is literally insane. I never got used to it for a second and I'm so grateful I never had to be the one driving! I am pretty sure you spend the majority of your time finding a place to park and driving, even if it's a shorter distance. So we opted to walk a lot, but that takes a long time too. We walked/ran to the Eiffel Tower! It took forever and we couldn't stop for lunch so once again we found a boulangerie and kept ourselves from starving with a little bread. The Eiffel Tower was way cool and we all rode to the top! Then we walked a ton of miles back to the car and drove through horrible traffic to get to dinner. We were meeting up with an old friend, Mathilde. She and Kim were best friends in France and have visited each other in their respective countries a few times. She's such a sweet girl and we all really enjoy her company. Her english is just awesome too. We met her at dinner at a place called Chez Fernand. It was really crowded. As in I was sitting right next to people I had never met. There's not as much need for personal space as there is here in America. :) It was fun catching up with her and my dinner was so yummy. I ordered Boeuf bourguignon. Then we drove to our hotel that ended up being in a not so good part of town haha. None of us knew because all the reservations were done online ahead of time. But it wasn't the nicest place and it sort of put a damper on everyone's spirits that night. I think we were all just exhausted too. Paris is definitely a big, busy city and I'm not used to that. (And eating dinner at 9 or 10:00 is not my thing either! I was starving!) It was one of my least favorite places to visit just because I'm not a huge fan of crowds and traffic, etc. We did have a good day and it was so fun to see all the things we did see. But like I said we were just tired, and we all got to bed late again. I cried because I missed my kids so much. I was ready to go home.


 This particular intersection is hands down the scariest driving experience of my life. I honestly couldn't even handle it I put my head down and didn't want to watch. My dad, on the other hand, is super competitive and loves a good challenge. He really enjoys driving here! haha.






The famous Mona Lisa, which is certainly not one of my favorite Da Vinci works. 







Kissing at the top! How romantic :)


 Walking the streets of Paris for approximately a hundred miles.





No comments: