Friday, January 1, 2010

01/01/10


There's something very cool about that date. I can't believe it's 2010! HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Last night we had our own little party. Kenny and I made sweet and sour chicken (Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook p. 384--try it, it's yummy). We put the kids to bed at 8, like normal and hung out and watched a movie and waited for midnight. At 12:01 we realized we had missed the countdown and pulled out our apple juice, mixed it with some sprite and toasted in the new year! At 12:05 we went to bed, haha. I know we're lame, but Brynlee still wakes up sometimes at night and the kids don't really sleep in, so we don't either. Anyway, it was fun. We were reflecting on what a wonderful year 2009 was! We are so very blessed and happy, and I'd be surprised if this year could top it. Now for a few updates on my kiddos:
Brynlee is 10 1/2 months and ALL over the place. She loves to chew on celery. I love it too, because it keeps her occupied for a really long time. Her blond hair is kind of curly and she has the most beautiful blue eyes you've ever seen. I can't get enough of her deep growl and fake laugh. She loves to drink her own bath water, chew on anything she sees (including yucky shoes), and pound away on the piano. Still not walking, but she can stand up by herself for quite a while. Ever since we went to my parents' house for Christmas, she's mastered going up stairs, and now tries to climb up anything she can reach. She is quite mischievous and persistent. She pulls the vents out of the floor, sticks everything in her mouth, pulls the curtains off the rod, pulls all the books off shelves, etc. etc. I really can't turn my back on her for a second. I am weaning her this month, and she has taken very well to soy milk! Hopefully she'll be good to go for our cruise in Feb. when she stays with my parents for a week.
Tyler will be 3 in February. He has learned how to pee standing up thanks to his little friend, Elijah, and that has been very helpful haha. Still a picky eater. Loves to play ball and color. He repeats everything you say and is very quick to correct you if you say something that's not allowed (like stupid). He's also into swords, guns, cars, and of course animals. Basically he's your typical boy. Still hasn't grown out of his flapping thing, but hopefully someday soon :). He never stops talking or singing and has gotten into the stage of WHY? Every single thing I say, he follows it with a question of, "why?" I remember when I used to think it was cute when other kids did it. It sure gets old, quickly. But he makes me laugh every day, and is good at giving hugs and kisses. He memorizes quickly and can quote many movies, and recite the Pledge of Allegiance (it's really cute), count to 20, and recite many nursery rhymes.
I love my kids so much and still can't believe I'm lucky enough to be their mom. Happy New Year everyone, and Happy Birthday Cami!!

3 comments:

Carly said...

Oh i wish i could see your cute kids!! :) happy new year!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Happy New Year....I fell asleep and missed it by a couple of minutes.
James loves celery too...
Tyler is so smart! How fun!

Elise said...

You're going on a cruise?!!! I'm super jealous...