Monday, August 30, 2010

2 favorite kids

On Saturday night I made cinnamon rolls, and Tyler helped. He had fallen asleep pretty late that day (in the car) so he wasn't tired when bedtime came around. So after putting Brynlee to bed, it was just me and him hanging out, waiting for Kenny to come home. We played candy land, read books, and talked over warm cinnamon rolls and cold milk. I went to bed that night feeling so grateful that I get to be his mom, and Brynlee's mom too. I am humbled by it, in fact, because they have such wonderful spirits and they're such beautiful children inside and out.

Everyone always says how fast time goes and before you know it your kids will be out of the house, so try to enjoy every day with them, etc. Right now I have a hard time even imagining having one of my children old enough to go to school, so having them grown up and out of the house seems really far down the road. But in any case, I'm going to continue recording how they are at each stage and the funny things they do and say, in hopes that I can somehow preserve them (or at least remember them) as they are now.


Tyler is 3 1/2 now and quite the big boy. He has a very inquisitive mind and is always asking me LOTS of questions, some of which I don't even know the answer to. I often wish someone else were around to here the things he asks me every day, even if just to help me answer him!! He has such a kind heart, and still is very sweet to Brynlee, although he has turned into more of a tease (just like his father) since she's old enough to give more of a reaction. He loves books more than any child I know. I can't wait until he learns to read as it will be a great relief to me and him! He's always asking me what things say, and pretending to read signs, tags, etc.
He loves to show off and crack jokes--he thinks he's hilarious! :) He's excited to be a big brother to two little sisters and often asks me if "the baby's coming out yet". We have a smaller mouse for the computer that fits really well in his hand, and he has become quite the little computer game boy and loves to play game on pbskids.org and nickjr.org, etc. His favorite sport is soccer, and he loves to just run everywhere.
The other day I overheard him telling Kenny that the night before he had had a dream about Jesus Christ. I don't doubt it for a second, this boy is special.

Brynlee is 18 months and is very independent. Here in the picture, she had gotten into the cupboard, pulled down the goldfish, opened them up and helped herself. She does it often. I just love the stage she's in because it is so fun watching her learn and grow. I love being able to witness little milestones all the time. She plays very independently on the playground, just climbs up and goes down the biggest slide (forwards now, not on her tummy like she used to) and will do it over and over again. She stacks blocks, does puzzles, sings songs, and just tries to copy everything she sees (much to the enjoyment of her brother). She knows more signs and animal sounds than I care to count and surprises me every day with what she knows. She's really good at communicating what she wants. She always tells me "poo poo" or "potty" before she goes poop in her diaper, which makes me very hopeful for potty training her early! This morning she ran into her room and said "night night" and proceeded to try and climb into her crib. I followed her in there to see if she was serious. I asked her if she was tired and wanted to sleep right now? (It was only 10:30, but she had gotten up at 6 so I knew she was tired) She said "yeah, night night" so I put her in her crib and she laid down and fell asleep!! And when she woke up she hollered, "all done!" haha. She still climbs everything and gets hurt a lot because she just can't hold still. She is such a sweetheart and I love her strong personality.

1 comment:

Tina Braegger said...

You have two great adorable little kids! I love hearing about them.