Thursday, August 13, 2009

Another Trip--Part 2--Edited

Last night we made it home safely. What a trip! I think we are definitely done travelling for a while. We did have a wonderful time though. I'm splitting the trip up into 2 parts because it really was like two different vacations, and plus I don't have any pictures from the first half of being in Utah. So here is our IDAHO section of the week. On Sunday after church, we said goodbye to my family, and my brother for the next 2 years, and drove up to Rockland to see Kenny's parents. It happened to be the day all the older siblings were coming to drop off their children for the week to spend time with Grandpa and Grandma. It worked for us so we got to see them without going to them. We did a lot of visiting and catching up. Luckily, Andy and Shalee, and Shariane got to stay for the rest of the time we were there. Here's what we did in pictures.

Brynlee being held by her sweet cousin, Riley.


Ty got some lovin from a few of his crazy girl cousins who were playing dress-ups :)


Grandpa Weston teaching Ty and some other grandkids how to harvest the peas in their garden. We ate those peas (and the carrots they picked) in a delicious soup for dinner that night.


Kenny took Ty and Josh over the electric fence, and the barbed wire fence, out to see the cows. They got pretty close and the boys thought it was way cool.



Brynlee's first 4-wheeler ride!


Ty swam in the big pool with the big kids, and the water was obviously very cold.


Brynlee swam with her cute cousin, Skyler, (Andy and Shalee's boy who's 2 mo. older) in the warmer baby pool. I guess you can't really call this swimming, but they did enjoy sitting in and splashing the water :).



Kenny and his brother Andy, of course couldn't help themselves and ended up throwing me and Shalee in the water...it was cold.

Kenny and Andy built a fire and helped all the kids roast marshmallows and make yummy s'mores.


Grandma Weston and Brynlee watching Ty jump on the trampoline.


The sunset was so beautiful while out making s'mores. Later that night, we put the kids to bed and Kenny and I, along with Andy and Shalee had sort of a double date. The boys cleaned out the pool and tried to put some hot water in it, and we went night swimming under all the beautiful stars that you can see so well out in the country. It was the boys' idea and they were so cute to try to be romantic. It was freezing cold though, so once we were sufficiently numb we went inside and had hot chocolate and popcorn and played Apples to Apples. We had a great time with Andy and Shalee. The day before we had gone into Pocatello (we took our babies, but left Tyler) and ate lunch at Craigo's, then saw the movie Angels and Demons. It was a really good movie, and I wish I would have read it first, but oh well. We always have so much fun with A&S and wish we still lived close to them like we did in Rexburg.


Brynlee got her second tooth in while we were there. It made for some pretty awful nights, but you're not really supposed to sleep on vacations anyway, right?


Wednesday morning we packed up and left around 9 to return our rental car and get to our flight in the SLC airport. We were lucky enough to get our seats arranged so that Kenny was in the row right behind us this time so he was actually able to help me. After such a very long, chaotic, and exhausting week, our kids welcomed the plane ride as quiet relief and both of them slept the majority of the time!! Nothing like a good week with cousins to wear them out. We are so glad to be back home, and back in our own beds. It makes a huge difference. Like right now, it's 9:30 a.m. and they are still asleep. Brynlee's woken up and eaten, then gone back down, but still. They are tired! Stay tuned for part 1--the wedding.

Edit:

I forgot to say a few things. First of all, I finished reading Jane Eyre yesterday and liked it so much I want to name my next daughter Jane, but Kenny's not too excited about that ha. And no, that's not an announcement.
Second, I played a Wii for my very first time in Rockland. I know I'm way behind the times. It was so dang fun I wish we had one!! My arms are sore from the boxing haha.
Third, Tyler fell off the swing and hurt his head and back while we were at the park in Idaho. Here's his back a few days later. Good thing he's so tough.
That's all.

3 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

how fun to be with family....that's funny that the boys threw you guys in the pool. Tyler sure is tough...ouch

Brooke and Ryan Naylor said...

How funny, I just finished reading Jane Eyre, also! Ha! I also really liked it. I had a hard time getting through the first 10 chapters or so, but after that, it was beautiful. What a coinsidence! Looks like you're having a good summer. Love ya!

Kellen and Erin said...

How fun! I'm so glad you read Jane Eyre- just because I love that book too! All your stories and pictures are just so perfect. It looks like you guys had fun on the farm.:) We miss you!