Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Mom Update

Last post I said my mom was in a car accident and that she was totally fine. Well it turns out the horrible headaches she was having was actually her brain bleeding. Yesterday morning (after not sleeping the entire night) my dad and another man from the ward gave her a blessing. Then she went into the doctor, after looking at her for a while, an ambulance took her downtown to another hospital in Houston that has a good neurological something or other unit. They ran a bunch of tests and scans and kept her overnight. Last night my dad texted us all after another CAT scan and said that she was doing much better and they could hardly see any more blood which is great.

This experience has made me more grateful for the health and accident-free lives we lead every day, and I realize how much I take that for granted. I know people all over have to deal with different injuries or sicknesses, or help their family members go through it and we are so blessed. She could have been so much more injured than she was, and it really is a miracle.
I also love that my dad is a worthy priesthood holder and can immediately call upon the Lord's power whenever it is needed. They are very encouraged that my mom will be just fine, and I am so so glad. It's hard to be away from her and my family while they go through all of this, but I'm sure they'll be taken care of.

4 comments:

Carly said...

This is so scary! I am so grateful for the priesthood too!

Elise said...

Wow that sounds awful! I'm so glad she's doing ok now.

Dani said...

Glad everything seems to be ok!
My dad had intense headaches last Jan which ended up being a very small blood clot on his brain which passed, causing extreme pain. It makes you sooooo grateful for modern technology and overall good health!

Dani said...

And the priesthood, of course! :)