Monday, August 3, 2009

Unrelated Updates

I am on a bad streak of blogging right now. We are pretty busy all the time and sometimes I just forget to get on here.


This picture was taken a few weeks ago of our new favorite toy. Kenny spoils me and bought me a really nice bike and this trailer to go on the back of it. I was getting a little sick of my Biggest Loser Cardio Workout DVD (after a few months of only one movie, it gets pretty old). So now I don't have to have my exercising done before the kids wake up, I can take them along!! The best part is you can take it off the bike, throw on the front wheel and it becomes a jogging stroller! I LOVE it! We use it every day at least once (except Sunday of course). I was afraid the kids wouldn't like it very much, but I was so wrong. They are such good sports and love riding along. I have since figured out a way to keep Bryn happier, for longer. I just loop some of her chewing toys onto her straps so she can let go of them and pick them up as she pleases, and they don't go far. It's awesome.
Our favorite time to go is when it's threatening rain. The sky gets all clouded over and a nice breeze picks up. I like that the best so the sun's not beating down on the kids and it's cooler to work out in. We go until it starts sprinkling rain and it's so fun.


This little nut makes me laugh so hard every day. He talks like crazy and says the funniest things. Sometimes it's more just the way he says it, not necessarily what he's saying that makes him so hilarious.

We sometimes call her "inspector gadget" because of her amazing ability to reach everything. She can sit up now and I'm so glad to have her at that stage. I will still put a boppy or a blanket around her because she still leans too far and plops over sometimes, but she gets better every day. She melts my heart all the time.

Another picture of our litle one tooth wonder. Tempting rolls huh? Yeah, we chew on her all the time :).

This is a random picture of a sign that's a few miles away from our house. I thought it was pretty cool that somebody bothered to put that up. In case you can't read it, it says "At this point you are 1/4 of the way around the world from Greenwich, England".
We've had some pretty neat missionary opportunities this past week, and it helps me to realize how much I take the gospel for granted. I really forget sometimes what we have, because I've never not known the truth. It's a good reminder though, and I love telling other people about the church. We are so happy to be living out here in what people call the "mission field" because it's helping us to become better people and realize how this gospel is so much bigger than just us, or our families. It's for the whole world--every one of His children.
I made some peach jam this week for the first time in my life. I've only ever made strawberry, but the peach turned out delicious. I've been SO good at trying new recipes for dinners and desserts this past month or two and Kenny loves my new-found boldness. Sometimes my courage needs to be tamed though, just ask Ty. I tried cutting his hair with only scissors this week. I usually use the clippers/buzzer thing. I did not know what I was getting myself into. It took two handfuls of Reeses Pieces candy and a drink of juice to keep him sitting still for that long; he was such a trooper. Let's just say it's a good thing that 2 year olds don't care how their hair looks. My only regret is that I tried it a week before my sister's wedding. :)
We had the missionaries over for dinner on Thursday and had a good time getting to know them. We also had our next-door neighbors over for scones on Sunday and that was a lot of fun. I sewed some school bags for a humanitarian project the bishop's wife is doing and the fabric was so ugly I almost felt bad sewing them haha. But it was donated to the cause by some generous fabric store, so you can't complain about free fabric right?
Well I'm sure I had more to say (I've always got more to say hah) but now the kids are up from their nap so my thoughts are very distracted and my time is up. We're going to Utah this week for Cami and Tyler's wedding and we are so excited to see everyone!!

3 comments:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

how cool to have a bike trailer...I don't know if I'll ever wake up before my kids do....James is always my alarm clock right now.
Bryn sure is stretchy....=D

Porter Family said...

I'm excited the jam turned out great! That's awesome! Did you end up picking peaches at Mills? I'm going when I get back! Have fun at the Wedding! Ashlyn misses Ty. We miss you. :)

Caitlin said...

i love your pictures! your kids are so cute!