Sunday, August 30, 2009

Go Cardinals!

On Friday night we went to our first Cardinals game! Kenny's company gave them all tickets and I will have to say that is the best way to watch a baseball game. We were up in one of the party rooms and they had a lot of free food and drinks. They also gave Kenny (and all the other employees) a jersey and hat! The seats were all padded and comfy and we just loved it. We went with our friends from our ward, Jared and Terra Reed. Somebody must have known that Terra and I would get along so well because we seem to get put together a lot. We are visiting teaching companions, and she's the counselor over Enrichment, and I'm the Enrichment leader so we work together a lot for that, and our husbands work for the same company! It's pretty cool. We had Tyler stay there at their house with the babysitter (they have 4 kids) and we carpooled with them down to Busch Stadium in St. Louis. We had such a good time!


Terra and Jared
We won! I tried to get the billboard saying "home run" but it didn't quite catch it.

Brynlee's first MLB game. We realized later that Tyler went to his first MLB game when he was 6 months old too, only it was the Astros. Funny coincidence.


Brynlee even fell asleep on Terra during the game and took a little nap. She had just woken up here. Thanks guys for a wonderful time! I realized once we moved here that fate wants me to be a Cardinals fan. :) You see I have only ever played 1 year of baseball. It was some little league team in Houston when I was young; a team with both boys and girls (my sister Kim was on the team with me). I was not very good at all. But the point is, we were the cardinals!! Cool huh.

Saturday night we had a ward picnic and had a great time there too! There are so many fun people in our ward and we love getting to know them all better. I love Saturdays because it means I get to go running all by myself without pushing the kids and it was so nice. We also got a lot of yard work done which I'm glad about.

I love the weekends because Kenny will pay me compliments without even knowing it. He forgets what it's like to be around the kids a lot (obviously because he's at work all the time) so he will say things like "I don't know how you do this all day." or, "How do you get anything done with these two? I think it's a miracle you get anything at all done!" hahaha. I just have to laugh. Makes me feel like I'm doing an OK job.
Bryn had her 6 month check up this past week (a couple weeks late I know) and she's doing great! She's just above the 75th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference so she's very proportional :).
We're looking forward to another great week!

2 comments:

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

That would be fun to go to a Major baseball game, especially for free! Love the perks of an actual full-time job.

Terra said...

it was lots of fun and I love working with you