Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Remember Who You Are

This morning after breakfast, Tyler wanted me to help him down off of the chair. He has given up the high chair because it is now Brynlee's to use, and our chairs and table are pretty tall. I told him that he was a big boy and that he could get down by himself. And he did.

He does that a lot lately--asks me to help him when he's very capable. Like with opening doors, going down a big flight of stairs, undressing, and getting off the tall chairs. But all I have to do, is patiently remind him that he is a big, strong boy and he can do it. That little reminder gives him the confidence to accomplish the task.

I think I'm the same way, because sometimes I just need a little reminder of who I am. I forget that I am a daughter of God, and what that really means. When I do remember, I am able to do so much more, and it gives me the confidence to accomplish what I need to. Remember who you are.

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I always love your thoughts! You are the best Lindsay! We miss you guys!