Monday, March 29, 2010

About my kids

Byrnlee

This little girl is such a sweetheart. Except lately she has been extremely clingy and attached and it's been a challenge, as she cries very dramatically when something doesn't go her way. Quite the spoiled little princess if you ask me. She has her daddy wrapped around her little finger and she gets away with anything when he's around. Certainly a lot more than Tyler ever got away with :).

She still doesn't talk much. But she can sign all done, more, milk, dog, and cat.

I love how she will immediately start dancing the second she hears music. It is so cute.

She gives the best snuggles and always just comes over, climbs on me and lays her head on my shoulder.

I love the stage she's in of handing everything to me. It's so funny. When we play legos, I will build her lots of little towers for her to destroy so that she doesn't knock down Tyler's. She takes them apart one by one and hands each lego to me. Or while I'm getting dressed, she'll come in my room and hand me my shoes, one at a time, out of my closet.

She climbs up everything and gets into everything. I call her my little destroying angel.


Tyler


Last Sunday we ran out of diapers for Tyler. Perfect, I said. So we decided to just start that night of having him go full-on underwear, 24 hours a day. Before he slept in a diaper at night, and wore undies in the day. But I figured it was high-time he learn. I am happy to report that it has been a whole week now, and he has not had one accident!! I'm so proud of him. He was definitely ready, and probably could have done it earlier. I think it was me who was scared to try.

He refuses to be called handsome or cute. He's just cool (with a thumb's up).

The other day when we were at the store, there was a very large lady walking in front of us, with a very large bum. She was also wearing these spandex-type pants. Tyler says (very out-loud) "look Mom! Her bum goes up and down and up and down when she walks!" I was mortified and prayed that she hadn't heard (although I'm not sure how she could have missed it).

He started going to the Little Gym on Thursday and he totally loves it. I am glad because I think it will be a really great thing for him.
Last week, after getting a few things at Wal-mart, we were out in the parking lot loading up to go home. I put the kids and the diaper bag in the car, and tried to start the car leaning over from the passenger side. It didn't start, so instead of walking around to start it, I tried to turn it on using our automatic starter on the key thing. (I just wanted to turn it on while I loaded up the bags in the back.) So I locked the doors, and pushed the button, but it didn't work either for soem reason. Oh well, I thought, I'm wasting way to much time now. So I just leaned over and stuck the keys in the ignition, shut the door and went around the back to load up our stuff in the back. One problem. I locked the doors! I was totally locked out of my car, with my kids inside, and my cell phone was in the diaper bag which was also in the car. I then remembered that I hadn't buckled up Ty in his car seat yet. So I go over to the window and tell him to go up to the driver's seat to try to unlock it, the button on the door wouldn't unlock it for some reason (maybe he wasn't pushing hard enough, I don't know) so I had him go over to the passenger side and try that one. Nothing. Then he found my chapstick and got distracted and didn't want to listen to his crazy mom give him weird instructions through the window. But eventually I got him back on track and he got the keys out of the ignition and eventually found the right button and unlocked the car. He saved the day!! I am sure I looked like a total idiot, and that people were laughing at me, but it was the only way. I'm just so glad I have such a good, obedient 3-year old that will be patient enough with me to follow instructions so carefully and unlock the door for his absent-minded mama.
He was in this phase for a while where he'd ask whether things were pretend, or real. Like reading books, playing with his toys, or in movies. He wanted to make sure he knew if they were real, or just pretend. I think he's got it all figured out now :). The other day when looking at a book of animals and telling me all the pets he wanted to get, he then added "these ones are just pretend, but if they come out of the book they can be real, and they'll be my pets!"
These cute pictures of my kiddos were taken by Portrait Innovations. We got family pictures on Saturday. I'll post more of them later because I'm really happy with how they turned out!

7 comments:

Cam said...

Wow. Seriously? You have the most beautiful children in the world. Keep reproducing :)

Wii are the Nelsons said...

Can't wait to see more of the photos. Your kids are darling! Good job Tyler unlocking the door.

Tina Braegger said...

aw those pics are adorable!! I really honestly think that Olivia and Brynlee would be great partners in crime..they sound like the same child!! hehe! I sure do love her though :) Can't wait to see your family pics!

Stacey said...

Those pics are so great! Your kids are getting so big!!! Love all the cute stories!

Terra said...

CUTE PICTURES...glad you were happy with Potrait Innovations. I always hope people will be happy with recommendations I give.

Caitlin said...

cute pictures! my friend's little boy just locked her out of the car on accident. she ended up having to call the cops!

your kids are so cute! i can't believe how big they are.

Shalean said...

So cute Linds! I absolutely love blue on little girls! Can't wait to see the family ones:)