Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Thoughts

--Brynlee's back molars are coming in and it's like having a newborn! Lots of crying and waking up every 2 hours, even with motrin. They must really hurt.

--Yesterday I threw the jogging stroller in the back of the car and loaded up the kids. We went and ran on the trails and then played on the playground for a while since they were so good. It was re-emphasized to me how different my kids are. they each came with very different personalities. Tyler has to warm up to the playground each time we go. Brynlee is much more daring and just goes at it, even if she can't. She doesn't give up, either. She just tries to climb everything, and heads straight for the biggest slide. She causes me a lot more stress than Tyler haha.

--I cannot get enough of this gorgeous weather we are having. Today it was all I could do to keep my eyes open to watch the kids as we were playing outside. I just wanted to lay down and sleep. Is there anything better than an afternoon nap in the sun?

--Yesterday Kenny's boss called him and asked him to leave work, pick him up some medicine, and bring it to him at his house. I felt sad for this man that doesn't have his family (they didn't move here with him for the project, he just travels home every 3 weeks for the weekend), or any friends. I thought about what I would do if my immediate family wasn't available. Even though I have a ton of extended family members, they all live far away. then I realized that all of my friends that I would be able to call any time of day, are from the ward. I really take that for granted how the church just provides dozens of friends instantly wherever you live. That's a huge blessing, and comfort, to me.

--This morning we decided to venture out to St. Louis and go shopping at the Mills. How pathetic is this, that it was the 2nd time I've been there, and we've lived here for almost a whole year?! I didn't remember it was St. Patrick's day until I heard it on the radio. Not one of us were wearing green, but I don't really care because I think it's stupid that we celebrate that holiday anyway.
I found some darling outfits for the kids, and some clothes for Kenny. Not a single thing for me. It's not like I'm so selfless that I just don't buy myself clothes. In fact, it's probably the opposite. I just like to try everything on, and take my time to decide what I want, and how much to spend. The kids just don't allow me that luxury, so I only like to go shopping for myself, by myself. It was a fun change of pace though. I also treated myself to some orange chicken and fried rice for lunch, at Panda Express. yum. (yes the kids got lunch too)

--I am convinced that Tyler is the sweetest brother in the world. He says the nicest things to Brynlee and treats her so kindly (92% of the time).

--I am in a major dinner rut this week. I just don't want to cook.

--Yesterday we went on a walk and Tyler was looking at all the trash and empty bottles on teh side of the road and said,
"Mom there is WAY too much trash everywhere! That's called witterling!"
Me: yes, littering.
Ty: Yeah, littering. That's a BAD idea!

Sometimes he's so random. Like the other day we got to the store and I opened his door to get him out of his car seat.
He says: Mom, I was just pickin my nose.
Me: Ty, that's gross. you know we're not supposed to pick our noses.
Ty: Yeah, because the birds don't want to eat it.
(What?!!)

1 comment:

Tina Braegger said...

First of all good job on your race! I am starting to think I want to try running, just seems like a great accomplishment, so GO YOU!! And sounds like you guys had a fun day. It is so hard to get out and shop especially with kids but it sure does make the day go by faster waiting for hubby to get home. Man..I am not looking forward to Livie's molars coming in now from what you said. Anything that reminds me of having a newborn makes me want to curl in the corner and die...hahaha..no really but kindof. That was rough..oh well we get through it somehow and then look back and miss it somehow too.. hehe well I love reading your blog :)