Friday, March 19, 2010

Party House and Projects

A lot of days I feel bad for Kenny that he has to go to work. I'm being serious. I am the lucky one who gets to stay home and play all day with the kids. I can't imagine why anyone would want to go to work and leave their kids for someone else to raise. Not just because you miss out on your kids growing up and teaching them, but it's quite the life! We have so many freedoms! We get to decide what to do every day, we can make whatever we want to eat (it doesn't have to be a pre-packed lunch, or the nearest fast food place). If we have sick days, no big deal, we'll just lay around and take it easy. Really it's a good deal. Yesterday we decided to do a macaroni and cheese with oranges picnic (it was a very orange meal) on the driveway. I took the kids on a bike ride, we played on the playground and in the sand at the beach, and just had fun. We came back home, but didn't want to go inside because it was just perfect weather. So I got us all a drink of grape juice, some chairs, and a few jelly beans. Tyler looks at me and asks, "Mom, are we having a party?" And I said, "Ty every day is a party at our house."

Here's a few things I've been working on lately.

Bean bags! (thanks steph for the idea.) I just used some old fabric my mom gave me a while back. These went together in a jiffy, and actually they are rice bags. I filled them with rice because we didn't have any beans at the time and we happen to have a surplus of rice. When I first showed them to Ty he said, so what do we do with them? haha. After I showed him some games he liked them :)


This is the spring table runner/topper I just got back from my mom. I made it and sent it to my mom to quilt. She just started recently learning how to use a long arm quilting machine and she's already a pro! I think I'm probably more excited about her new talent than she is, this will save me so much money! :)
I was proud of this one because I didn't even use a pattern (it's obviously a simple idea, but still, that's a big step for me.) The fabric is by Moda and it's called, Verna.

I wanted to show off the back because I just LOVE this fabric.



This is my latest project. I just finished it, and will be sending it to my mom shortly :). Tyler loves the sailboat so much (he calls it his sailboat) that I am thinking about doing a big quilt for his bed, using this same fabric line. It's also a moda fabric, and it's called Nautical and Nice.

We're off to Chicago for the weekend!!

1 comment:

Wii are the Nelsons said...

fun - love the sailboat one!