Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Unbelievable

2 things you may or may not believe about this day.

1. At this very moment, it is 69 degrees outside. PERFECT; sunny, and slightly windy. (you might call it an easy, breezy, beautiful, sunny day... haha I'm a nerd.) We played outside in t-shirts this morning and it was so nice. There was a neighbor dog hanging around our house and the kids were thrilled to chase it around the yard. Tyler kept trying to coax him into our house, and feed it pinecones. He really wants a pet. I'm afraid someday we're going to have to get one because they both just love dogs. (And cats too, but I'm not a fan). Brynlee was doing so much better today at walking in her shoes, and on the uneven gravel. They just love to be outside!

More importantly than the weather...


2. I found my wedding ring!!! I am not even kidding. I haven't had it since September, and here it is, magically back on my finger where it belongs. Here's the story:
We're currently in the process of switching rooms with Ty and Bryn. (More on that later...) So I had tipped up our mattress against the wall, and the box springs too, and taken the metal bed frames into the other room, and dragged the mattresses in there, and re-made the bed. (Yes, I am so buff.) Then I needed to vacuum under where the bed had been, so I did. I see something silver glistening in the carpet, from where I had the mattresses stacked against the wall. I quickly pull the vacuum back to avoid sucking it up, then realize IT'S MY RING! It was quite the dramatic moment. I picked it up, looked it over to be sure (I still couldn't believe it), dropped to my knees bawling like a baby and clutching it to my chest, thanking Heavenly Father for letting me find it. (I've been praying for it for a very long time). I called Kenny, still crying hysterically, and he couldn't hardly understand a word I was saying. For all he could tell, somebody just died. Because Brynlee had started crying now too, and Tyler had run into the room to see what the heck was going on. I think I scared my kids a little haha. But I finally was able to tell him the good news! He was happy too of course :). So I still don't know where it was, maybe tucked in the mattresses somehow, or something like that. In any case, prayers are answered! Remember how when for the first few days (or weeks) after you get engaged you find yourself constantly looking back at your ring? That's how I am all over again. It is so beautiful, and I am so happy to have it back.

11 comments:

Cam said...

I am so happy for you Linds!! I lost my ring for about a week and I think I cried every night about it. That is for sure the worst feeling EVER.

Dax and Jen said...

I am so happy you found it!

Carly said...

yahooooo! i'm so happy!

Porter Family said...

WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! That sunny day was awesome, wasn't it. :) Glad you found your ring! I can just imagine Kenny's face at work while you were trying to tell him. Ha ha ha. Yea for you!

Terra said...

I'm glad you found your ring again. I look like I'm crying now I was laughing so hard as I read that story and picturing the scene at your house as well as Kenny's interpratation at work

Shelley said...

I am so happy for you Lindsay!!!!!!! That is such great news!

Shelley said...

And..honestly I'm jealous about the weather!!

Elise said...

Yay! What a relief! I'm so glad you found it.

Charity said...

Wow, I haven't been reading blogs for awhile so just catching up. I'm soo happy you found your ring- I can just see the commotion! We are LOVING the almost spring weather too! It just makes my heart happy to see the sunshine and be able play outside and not freeze! I loved reading all the fun activities you are doing with your kids to keep them busy.

Caitlin said...

I'm so excited for you! whenever i thought about it, i would pray that you would find your ring because i know i would be so sad if i lost mine!

Wii are the Nelsons said...

I had a similar experience of losing mine for a couple of months as well. I totally know how you feel about finding it.