Friday, March 5, 2010

Oh Hello, Spring!

I am sure that there is not a single person existing that isn't happy about spring coming. Who doesn't love the warmer, happier days?! Last night as I was driving to a baby shower (for a new, cute gal in our ward) I noticed that 2 little ice cream shops that were closed for the winter, have opened up again! Not only that, but the birds are starting to come back and that makes me so happy. There are tons of birds of all varieties here, and I love it.


It got up to like 50 degrees today so you can bet we spent a lot of time outside. Even the neighborhood dogs looked so happy to be barking at people passing by again. :) Another fun thing about today is we got to meet up with Kenny for lunch at Taco Bell! We went grocery shopping and I realized it was noon when we were leaving the parking lot so I called him, and he was just leaving work for a lunch break too! (We didn't have ANY food for him to take for a lunch today, which ended up being a good thing.) So that was a fun change to our day, and Kenny's gone cleaning the temple tonight so I'm glad the kids got to see him earlier.


Brynlee is trying to figure out how to walk with shoes on, and outside. It's like a whole new level of walking, and I feel like we're starting all over again. But I will love when she can just go walk around outside and play with Ty, that will be so fun for all 3 of us!

She's also learning how to eat with her own utensils. I'm a little behind teaching her. So at meal time, (if it's not food you pick up with fingers) she holds a spoon and plays with it, feels independent, and makes an honest effort to get food to her mouth. I hold another spoon so that she actually eats that meal. One thing she does is fake laugh a lot. She's really good at, and it is so funny. She's also getting so much better at going to the daycare at the gym so I can work out during the day. I don't do it more than 2 (or 3 at most) times a week because it takes up so much time for them and I feel guilty about not doing anything productive with them. So the rest of the days I go at night, but it is really nice.


Tyler is starting to really show that he's learning the things I work so hard to teach him, and it's very exciting! He surprises me all the time with what he knows, and the things he says. Some days I just keep a paper and pen handy so I can write down all the funny things he says so I can tell Kenny when he gets home. I feel so lucky that I get to be the one to hear all the funny things he says every day, and see his learning and progress step by step. It really is a blessing.

Throwing rocks and sticks in the lake. He still alternates throwing between his right and left, interesting huh? I wonder if he'll stay ambidextrous.

No comments: