Monday, June 7, 2010

Another weekend gone by

On Friday we all went to Edwardsville together and Ken played with the kids in a park while I had my piano lesson. Then we all went to the park for what we hoped would be a fun family evening. But the playground would burn your skin if you touched it, and it was just so ridiculously hot that we didn't last long. I really can't remember right now the rest of the evening, so it must have not been too eventful.

Saturday a.m. we got up early (we woke the kids up early too) and went to the annual Holiday Shores Yard Sale!! We scored on some good stuff, and I just love yard sales. It was crazy, but lots of fun. Later that day after mowing the lawn and doing some house chores, we went on a family run. So basically Kenny and I went on a run together, and pushed the kids in our jogging trailer thing. Tyler got out a few times to run with us, but never for too long. It ended up being longer and HOTTER than we planned, and by the end they were both really upset and Bryn was screaming and crying the last mile or so, but we made it!! After that the boys quickly changed into their swimsuits and we took the ducks and geese down to the lake again. We really want them to get used to it because we're planning on that being their permanent home once they are full-grown. Tyler sure had a good time swimming with them! Brynlee enjoyed swinging and playing in the sand.




We came home, showered, and had a yummy dinner. Then we headed down to the church so I could put up stuff for Relief society on our bulletin board. (Be honest, have any of you actually ever looked at the bulletin boards in your building? I never do...)
Sunday was great. That evening we had the Porter family over for peanut butter bars and played a game called, Ticket to Ride. I had never heard of it before, but it was really fun.
Today was really good too, one of those days where I get done everything on my list. Only, I'm exhuasted. When I'm pregnant, I feel like I have a certain amount of energy allotted to me each day. The problem with this is when Brynlee won't sleep in past 6, and when I work out, I'm pretty much done for well before lunch time. Before it was like I loved working out because I felt more energized for the rest of the day. Now I get done working out and say, that felt good. Now I need a long nap!!
This morning on my way home from the gym, I asked Tyler if he'd like to help me grind wheat when we get home so we could make some bread. He said, "Yeah, just like the Little Red Hen!" haha. I consider myself much luckier than the little red hen though. Because I always have two little helpers to share in the work (kind of) and in the eating of the bread.
Tonight for FHE Kenny gave a great lesson on being a leader, not just a follower, and always standing up for what's right.
Now I would really like to get a free-pass on the dishes tonight and just go to bed.
Hahaha, yeah right.

1 comment:

Charity said...

Fun week. You guys are lots of fun. How hot is it there now? Ticket to Ride is one of our favorite games we LOVE it! Don't you feel like making a baby is a work-out enough? Thats so great that you get to go to your family reunion...Family is the greatest!