Thursday, June 24, 2010

Happenings

Monday I spent the morning cleaning out our room completely, (as in it was totally empty) and our new bedroom set came a little before 1 p.m. When Kenny got home we spent the rest of the evening setting it up in our room. It sort of took the place of FHE. It was definitely a family activity, but we neglected the lesson. I can't even explain how much I love walking into my room now. I wish I could spend all my time in there because it looks so beautiful and smells like new wood furniture. I only wish our room was bigger to accommodate furniture, or anything for that matter. It's all pretty crammed in there, and the chest will have to go in the kids' room until we move. (Our room is not even 10 x 10...it's small) but I love having a dresser. It's been great to sort through junk and get rid of things we never use. Also unpacked and cleaned the van out from our trip. Coming home from vacation is a lot of work I've decided.

Tuesday we did some major grocery/misc. items shopping and the kids were troopers. That afternoon I took them to my doctor's appt. with me!! That was a big step for me haha. I get nervous about those kinds of things, and usually with good reason.
Everything was going great until they called us out of the waiting room. Then came the urine sample, and so of course the kids came with me. I was trying to get Tyler to stand by the door, or in the corner, or anywhere but directly in front of me, staring. He was so fascinated that I was peeing into a cup, and I was trying to be serious and not laugh at his genuine curiosity. Brynlee, on the other hand, wanted to play with the permanent marker (that happened to be in a glass bowl...bad idea). Then she stuck her hands in the toilet when I was trying to wash mine...anyways. We all made it, and the kids got to hear the baby's heart beat which was fun. It really wasn't so bad after all.
Wednesday morning was going great. We had been having fun, blowing bubbles, had a picnic on the living room floor, and I was busy making zucchini bread when Brynlee tripped just while walking (nothing new) and hit her head on the corner of the wall. She started SCREAMING and her I saw the gash and it immediately started swelling up really big. I quickly got a bag of ice and put it on her head. I began wishing there was someone around to help me. Help me get her a drink to calm her down, and some ibuprofen for the headache I'm sure she had, tell me what to do, and even put Tyler down for a nap as he had become exceptionally ornery by this point. But it was just me, and my little girl was hurting real bad. I started to pray out loud right there on the rocking chair. Tyler just watched me, a little bewildered. But I know it helped, at least me to be calmer and handle it well. I don't know if her head would have been any worse injury wise, but it didn't split open or bleed, she didn't get a concussion, and she was back to her happy self an hour or two later.
Today we made these fun little snakes out of a couple of Kenny's old ties.

This one's Tyler's and he's very proud of it.

Brynlee saying cheese and playing with her snake. If you want the tutorial, go here. It's fun.
Funny story from today. We were having a snack this morning (the zucchini bread muffins from yesterday, actually) and when we were almost done Tyler says, "we need to pray". We never pray over our morning snack, but I wasn't about to tell him not to, so I said go ahead and say it. I don't think he ever mentioned the food, but he did pray for all of the animals that we have lost, one by one, by name, and asked that they would "go back to life". It was the sweetest thing I've ever heard haha. I forgot to mention that we came home from the reunion and our friends had watched our animals for us. The turtle escaped, and Father Goose is gone too. So now are down to Mother Goose and Donald Duck, who has turned all white and very beautiful I think. Kenny says as soon as their fur grows out completely we can let them go in the lake. I say that either that, or if their food runs out. Whichever happens first haha.

Brynlee jibber jabbers all the time and I have no idea what she's ever saying, but it sure is cute to listen to her. She's also picking up a lot of new words, real ones. I love this stage because you never know what they're going to just say every day. It's really fun to watch these kids learn and grow.
Tyler can also write his name now, which is a big deal for us haha. He also said a funny thing the other day when I was telling him that Father's day was coming up.
T: No, it's mother's day.
me: It was mother's day a while ago, but now it's father's day.
T: Thinks about it and then says, when can it be son's day?
Oh the things he comes up with. :)

1 comment:

Elise said...

Good job, Tyler! Keep having him write his name though...we didn't do it for a couple months and Violet forgot how. Oops! Oh well :).