Sunday, June 13, 2010

Never a dull moment

It's been a good and busy week. I've been working hard at re-doing the kids' room and I'm really excited for the finished product. I'll post pics when it's completed, but I'm already so much happier with it, I don't know why I didn't do it a long time ago.

Friday we went furniture shopping for a new bedroom set. I fell in love with one, but it was way too expensive, so we (mostly Kenny) decided against it :). We ate out and Kenny took the kids to the pet store while I went to my piano lesson. After that we went to the Route 66 Festival they were having next to the library. We ran into the Porters which was fun and Tyler and Ashlynn jumped on some of those big blow-up toys. We didn't stay long cuz the kids were tired and it was hot, and I'm not a fan of mosquitos.

Saturday was regular yard work and house cleaning. We also drove out to St. Peters, MO (first time I'd ever been there) and went to some kind Mid-West Clearance Furniture store where we bought a new bedroom set! I'm SOO excited about it, and although it's not my beloved Martini Suite set, I think it was a really good compromise. For the first time in our married life we will own a dresser, not just crappy white/clear bins from Wal-mart and I'm just can't wait till it gets here. We stopped at Jo-Ann's on the way back (since there are no stores like that anywhere near us) and their store happened to be closing so I got some great deals. Love that. We got back a little later than we planned, hurried and had whatever we could find for dinner, then went to our neighbor's house, the Richies. Josh and Becky have 3 kids that get along well with our kids and we had fun playing Pictionary and eating ice cream cake.

Today Kenny and I got to speak in church which is always nerve-racking. I think it went well though, and Terra was kind enough to offer for our kids to sit with them. I spoke on Mothers Teaching Children in the Home (Elder Perry's conference talk) and Kenny spoke on Patience (Pres. Uchtdorf's conference talk). Now I'm making a bum load of cookies, and our home teachers will be here soon.

Update on our pets: We only have 2 geese and 1 duck left. The rest have been eaten (or at least chased far away) by the neighbors' dogs. But don't worry, Kenny found a turtle on the road on Saturday and brought it home as his new pet. Tyler named it Walter haha. I think this whole pet thing is getting out of hand. Kenny said that he always wanted a turtle when he was a kid and he never got one. Whatever makes him happy I guess.




4 comments:

Elise said...

Turtles are so fun! But ours only lasted a month :(. We tried to take really good care of him but for some reason he died. I hope yours lasts longer!

Charity said...

So just wondering if you could quantify what exactly is a "bum load of cookies"! Love you.

Jordan (who served in Edwardsville) is wondering if you know the Gray's?

Caitlin said...

Walter is so cute! Sounds like you had a fun weekend!

Tina Braegger said...

haha that turtle is so funny and cute! LOVE that story, it made me laugh. Glad Kenny finally got his turtle :)