Thursday, June 3, 2010

It's Great to Be Their Mom

I love being Brynlee's mom because she always has a smile and a big hug for me. She wraps her little arms around me and lays her head on my shoulder and just loves a good snuggle. She's always playing games, giggling, and being silly.

Every morning I say "Brynlee, should we go do your pretty hair?" And no matter what she's doing, she stops and goes straight to the bathroom and stands up on the stool. She loves to "brush her teeth" (and even pretends to spit in the sink several times) while I do her hair. She loves to be dressed up and wear my jewelry, and hands me every pair of shoes she finds, even if it's from my closet.

I love the rolls on her arms and the curls in her hair. I love how she starts dancing as soon as she hears music. Every time a song ends, she starts clapping and says "Yay!" She folds her arms for the prayer (but never for the whole prayer) and says Amen at the beginning and end. :)


I love being Tyler's mom because of his unique and strong personality. He's very particular, honest, and orderly, and knows right from wrong. He is getting into the stage where he's very gender specific and always divides things up as to what the girls like, and what boys like. Right now his favorite color is blue, and you can only say he's cool and awesome, NOT cute.
I love how Tyler makes up crazy stories to tell me about when "I left him in the jungle when he was a baby and he got bit on the head by a coyote and a wolf and a lion and a tiger and a fox!" He also likes to make up games. When we drive in the car he has us sing the ABC's song really loud and right after sing it really quietly, and then really loud again, and then really quiet.

He inherited his father's sense of humor; he is always cracking jokes and saying ridiculous things, then grins from ear to ear because he thinks he's hilarious.
I love his handsome face and how he loves to be such a big boy. He helps me with everything, and loves to feel important. He really does clean, too. His favorite chores to do are putting the silverware away from the dishwasher, washing mirrors or our big glass door, cleaning the toilet (with my assistance) and holding the dust pan while I sweep.
It sure is great to be their mom. I can't wait to see what this next little baby is like.

2 comments:

Elise said...

What cute kiddos! I can't wait to hear if you're having a girl or a boy!

Carly said...

they are so cute!!
i love reading your blog- i really am scared to have a second baby! haha