Sunday, February 6, 2011

I had a birthday...Hooray!

It's true, I am now a whopping 24 years old. Isn't that great?! I had a fun birthday. We did ty's preschool just like every day, thenI took the kids to story time at Border's, then we went to McDonald's for lunch. We met up with a bunch of ladies and kids from the ward and it was fun to see people and get out of the house. This winter is seriously depressing me. Anyway, we got home from that and all took a little nap. Kenny came home at 3:30!!! I love when he surprises me like that, and he brought home a bouquet of pretty flowers which is always nice. We drove the 45 minutes out to Fairview Heights and went to a restaurant called Lotawata Creek (as in, a lot of water creek). It was fun. We only had one big spill, but it was water, and it was on the floor so the trip was a success. And Madi did pee through her diaper onto her clothes, but I was prepared so again, disaster averted. Anyway the portions are massive there and I wish we would have got only one meal for the 4 of us to share! But we've been enjyoying the leftovers all weekend. We got home and made birthday brownies. (We've got 2 more birthdays this week so I really didn't want to do cake) It was already 8:00 though, and the kids normally are in bed by then so we didn't want to wait for the brownies to cool off before we stuck the candles in to sing. Anyway the candles totally started melting into the brownies and they were more colorful :). we didn't eat those parts.

blowing out a 2 and 4 candles :)

I felt very loved with all the phone calls and well-wishes. It's a great year to be 24!

5 comments:

Elise said...

Happy birthday, Lindsay!

Your candle-melting incident made me think of my friend. She is a super paranoid mom, and when her son chewed the end of a birthday candle when licking the frosting off, she called poison control :).

Cam said...

I love your 2 and 4 candles! Glad it was a fun day :)

Carly said...

happy birthday lindsay! you are beautiful! :)

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Happy 24th Birthday!! So I actually did remember your birthday, but I did not remember to text you! Bad cousin friend. Happy Belated birthday!!

Shalee and Andy Weston said...

I am glad that you had a wonderful birthday! What a cute picture of you and your three kiddos. Can't wait until we can meet sweet little Madison!