Friday, February 18, 2011

SOS

I've been telling Kenny almost daily, "I've just gotta get out of here." We needed warmth and sunshine. Then it finally came to us, and we were all too sick to care. I needed some help, and I hated admitting that.
On Wednesday night, my mom flew in to the St. Louis airport around 9:35 p.m. Kenny worked late again so he just went straight there to pick her up. We were so glad to see her. The next morning we took Tyler in to the doctor at the earliest time we could, 9:30 a.m. He had the beginnings of pneumonia, and pink eye. So although it set our trip back several hours, I was so grateful that we left with an antibiotic, an inhaler, and eye drops. He's finally starting to get better. We didn't get on the road until about 11:30. It was a long road trip--it always is. But finally at 3 a.m. we pulled into my parent's driveway here in Katy, Texas. It is so good to be here. I'm glad to have some help for a week, especially until we all get our health back. Someday I hope to be closer to family so that it doesn't take hundreds of miles and dollars to see each other. But I'm so grateful to my mom for flying out to drive us back, only to drive us back and then fly home again in a week. My parents are the best. And so is Kenny for being understanding and letting me come whenever I need to. I'm so excited for uncle Tim and aunt Sarah and Grandpa to come home so they can meet little Madison for the first time. They are anxious to see her, and I'm happy to show her (and her big rolls) off. And, you know, sometimes a girl just needs her mom.

3 comments:

Cam said...

I'm so glad you're there Linds! Wish I could be there to help out too. Get feeling better. Love you!

Shalee and Andy Weston said...

Kenny called Andy the other night to talk because he was all alone and that's when we heard about your fun trip to Texas. I sure hope that everyone recovers and that you are able to get some well needed rest and relaxation Linds! Enjoy your mom time and the warmth!

Mom and Sarah said...

Lindsay...you are SO right...sometimes you just need that mom! I hope you have a great week and get some much needed rest. Hey, might have you look at a house or 2 while you're there! (For the "woman's perspective!) Rich looked at 2 on Desert Cliff last night and I think that is pretty to close to Alpine Rose. Any others for sale in that area - let me know!! Hugs to you sweetie - 3 is just plain hard! Take a deep breath and relax!! Love you, Lisa