Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day??

I keep hearing about people's big valentine's days and I think, when was that? Oh yeah, yesterday. We're all sick here; round 3 for all of us being sick this winter. (Have I mentioned how much I HATE this winter???!!! It pretty much sucks, and I don't even use that word.) As I mentoined in my last post, Kenny got it first, then Madi soon after. Saturday evening Bryn came down with it. Saturday night was horrible. Bryn slept in between me and Kenny, and Madi's bed is to the side of me so I had two sick-o's on my left and one on my right...it was only a matter of time. Sunday I took Tyler with me to Sacrament meeting, and by the end I was really feeling horrible. I came home and took some advil and crashed. Last night, Tyler finally caught up to the rest of us and now he's on the couch. It's a fever and flu and cough, and we are all feeling lousy. So Valentine's day came and went with absolutely no candy or chocolate, but lots of medicine and cough drops. Kenny did remember to bring me a single long-stemmed red rose, which is our little tradition. And I love him for keeping it alive even though I was down and out yesterday. As soon as he got home, he took Madi from me and I went and crashed on our bed. Although really, we don't have the best history of Valentine's days. Our very first one as a married couple, I got home from the hospital that day with Tyler. Then one normal one, then the next one I had just had Brynlee. Then a normal one, and now we're all sick. So 2 of 5 is not the best record haha. But next year should be an "on" year. We're hoping for the best.

2 comments:

Elise said...

I'm so sorry it has been a miserable winter for you! If you want to, you're always welcome to come visit us!

Ben, Charlotte, Troy, and Liam said...

Yuck, yuck, yuck! Being sick is SO not happy. Especially with three kids I'm sure! I'm sending healthy vibes.