Sunday, February 27, 2011

Back Home

On Friday, we left at 5:30 a.m. for the looooong drive home. After one speeding ticket, and being stuck in traffic for a horrible accident outside of Little Rock, AR, we got home around 9 p.m. The next morning I got up around 6. I went to the temple with the RS presidency. It was great to go and do that with those wonderful women. Grabbed some groceries on the way home, getting back home around 1 p.m. and the kids were taking a nap. I ate a sandwich then left at 1:30 to take my mom to the airport. I still can't believe the sacrifice she made (she hates road trips too) just for us to be able to come there. I love her so much. But that night as we were sitting in the living room playing a game together as a family, I just felt so happy. You just can't replace the feeling of being together as a family, safe under one roof. It's good to be back. But we did have a wonderful time.

One day we went to the Bear Creek Park to see the fun animals there; birds of all varieties, donkeys, buffalo, emu, pigs, chickens, and probably other things I'm forgetting.

This cockatoo was hilarious. It brought back good memories because these were in our backyard often when we lived in Australia. This one said "Hello!" And, "I love you!" he was putting on a show for us.

We loved the warmer temperatures and Brynlee loved to run around pants-less.

Madi and my dad became good buddies. He loved to feed her a bottle, and hold her until she fell asleep in his arms. She watched a little too much sports on tv! :) Oh and that reminds me, I got to watch 2 BYU basketball games while down there and it made me so happy!! We don't have TV so I haven't seen a game this season and I miss it so much.


And now this is my kids tonight, just being silly. I put Madison in her bumbo and Tyler ran and got a chair to sit by her and thought he was pretty funny. So of course Brynlee ran and got herself a stool to sit on. Tyler has a big red line above his lip becuase he keeps licking his lips and it looks so painful.

They are such troopers to put up with all these long road trips. I sure love these cute kids.

2 comments:

Caitlin said...

i'm glad you got to go home! what a great mom to fly and then drive back! what a trooper! it sounds like you had a wonderful time! your children are getting so big!

Cam said...

So glad y'all made it back safely! Hope everyone's recovered. Wish I could have been in Houston with you!