Monday, February 7, 2011

Just bloggin

So it's 8:30 p.m. right now, and Kenny's still not home :( Tyler kept saying tonight "I wish daddy were here to play with me. Call him again" poor kiddo. Daddy coming home is like the highlight of the day, and when that's taken away it's kind of lame. He also worked all day Saturday, but thankfully he got paid for it. We are very grateful he has a job though, so we'll definitely take late nights and weekends if we have to.

On Saturday night we went over to the Reed's for a "work people party". There's several LDS folks that work for URS and I've never met them. So Jared and Terra were kind enough to have us all over so we could be better acquainted. Some of them couldn't come, but we still had fun. I am totally embarrassed but my arms are STILL sore from playing the kayaking game on the Wii. Pathetic, I know. But I haven't lifted weights since before I was pregnant, so my arms are weak sauce.

Here's something that was one of those "precious moments" that I caught the other night. After baths, Ty and Bryn were in their pj's and rain boots (just because they like them) and they were reading books at their cute little table. Tyler would read to Brynlee from memory and it was just the cutest thing. I watched them from their doorway, and looked down at sleeping Madi in my arms, and I felt very happy to be a mother. And I felt like maybe I'm not doing such a horrible job after all.

Saturday was also Madison's 2-month b-day. She is huge, by the way. But she is just as sweet and well-behaved as can be.
Hurry up, spring. Today I've been drowning my winter blues in chocolate and it's not helping me get rid of alllll this baby fat. We want to go outside!!
That's about it.

2 comments:

Cam said...

The Wii kayaking game makes me sore every time! As does sword fighting. We will get our arms buff together this summer.

Also, your kids are the cutest.

Brooke said...

We have missed you guys. I love looking at the blog and seeing your kids grow. They are just so cute. Don't forget if you ever want to move back to Houston we will be excited to have you back. Hope all is well.

I remember looking at your blog awhile back and you were talking about your preschool that you were doing with Tyler. What was that program? I was thinking about looking into it for Kaylee next year.