Sunday, February 13, 2011

Tyler turned 4!

On Friday, February 11th, Tyler had a birthday! He's pretty much been looking forward to it since his last birthday, so it was much anticipated. Kenny had come home from work a few hours early the day before because he was really sick, Madi quickly caught it, and they both were MIA the whole day. I took Tyler and Brynlee out to get donuts for his birthday breakfast, (along with chocolate milk) because that's what he requested. And the birthday boy always gets what he wants :). After that, he opened all his presents. He was so glad he didn't have to wait till the evening, since daddy was already home. We made him get out of bed for the present-opening, then he immediately went back to bed haha. (Poor guy was miserable, as we all soon found out.)

We wanted to do something fun, so I decided to make a little bike loop in our home for them. I rolled up the big run, pushed all the furniture together and that created a giant circle for them to ride their bikes around and around. Tyler loved it! And Brynlee walked her bike around, since she can't yet figure out the pedal thing.




The rest of the day, I am sorry to say, was pretty lame. We played outside for a little bit while I used a big flathead shovel to chop up the ice on our driveway, and shovel it off. It was sunny, so it felt good to be outside. Ty and Bryn also ran some errands with me, and that was pretty much it. I felt bad for Ty, but knew that he was awaiting the real fun, his first birthday party!
Saturday, February 12th, Tyler had a birthday party!! He was so excited to have all his friends over. Please excuse this atrocious cake. It's supposed to be a rocket. Towards the end of January we were learning about outer space and stuff in preschool, so that's when Tyler decided that's what he wanted for his birthday cake. In my defense, Kenny did most of the top. But I love him for trying to help me out haha. And anyway, there more important things in life.


I could kick myself for not taking more pictures, but the birthday part was seriously craziness. I meant to get a picture of everyone that was there so we could remember all his friends he has here once we move. But there was way too much going on so I'll just list them instead: Brady Hasquin, Jack Ward, Jacob Reed, Elijah (and Isaac) Pearson, Ashlynn and Payson Porter.
We played lots of games like duck-duck goose, musical chairs, and balloon games, did a pinata, ate papa murphy's pizza for lunch, had cake and ice cream and opened presents! Luckily I remembered to get him blowing out his candle.


Happy Birthday Tyler! I really can't believe he's already 4 years old!! Tyler is such a great kid. He loves books more than anything else probably. He loves babies and is very tender with them. He's also very sensitive to other people's feelings, and pays attention to others around him and what they want and need. Very smart and emotionally mature, in my un-biased opinion :). He is a fantastic big brother to his two little sisters, and a great example for them. He always wants to do what's right and be my big helper. We love you so much Tyler!!

No comments: