Friday, March 4, 2011

Friday Evening Storm

I was tired tonight. Madi was up for about an hour during the night, Bryn woke up twice, and Kenny was up off and on the entire night coughing and what not (until around 3 a.m. when he finally went on the couch). Have I mentioned he's sick again? He came home from work with a fever the same day I was finishing my antibiotic. I said "oh heck no", and have made sure he stays far away from all of us. But anyway, after a long day today, I was worn out. I climbed into my sweats a little early, and was wondering what am I going to do to entertain these kids, on this Friday night, with very little energy? Thankfully, a storm blew in. We turned all the lights off, and pulled up the blinds. I sat on the rocking chair to feed Madison, and Kenny got some chairs for Ty and Bryn to watch it too. I was sitting directly behind them, and it reminded me of the little boy and girl in The Cat in the Hat so I made Kenny take a picture of them. :) And yes, Brynlee's wearing a princess dress over her clothes. Ty is sporting his spiderman costume with a pirate hat, and he had a sword. It was a memorable moment though. We opened the windows to hear the thunder rolling, the frogs croaking, the wind and rain, and even a train in the distance. Thanks to the street lamp we could watch the rain hit the street, as the puddles got wider and deeper. The lightning was so bright! We could feel the cool breeze flowing in, and smell the clean rain scent. Tyler had his head pressed up to the screen and said, "It's a beautiful night!" :) And it was. It was just what we needed to help pass the time, peacefully. Before we knew it, it was time to get ready for bed. Thank you storm, you're welcome here anytime.

3 comments:

Cam said...

How cute! I love their dress-ups. That picture really does look like it's out of the Cat in the Hat!

Tina Braegger said...

haha that is so cute and fun! I love their outfits!! I am so glad you arer adjusting to 3 kids better, I heard that is a hard number..That is so nice that you got to go visit your family too. Aren't families just the best!!?? Hope everyone in your house feels better soon, that seriously sucks Kenny is sick again! We have been sick around here too and it is no fun.

Colleen Andersen said...

Wow I miss these kids! What a cute family Linds. You and Kenny are terrific parents! Give them a hug and kiss for me.