Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Update

So I have somehow managed to steal a few minutes to myself because all 3 kids are napping at the same time! That never happens, because Tyler doens't nap anymore, and it's rare enough that I get both girls asleep together. But Ty peed the bed last night (shouldn't have given him a drink) so he woke up super early because of it, and we played outside today which we don't normally do...so anyway he was tired and I insisted.

Life is good around here. I'm trying to remain patient as we anxiously await to hear our fate of where we will be living come May. That's the crazy thing about Kenny's job is you just never know till last minute (sometimes literally) and it's hard for me, a huge planner-preparedness person, to not be able to plan our lives for even 3 months in advance. But I do have faith that we will end up wherever the Lord wants us to be, and that we can choose to be happy wherever we live. There's a few different places being tossed around as options, we just have to wait and see.

Ty and Bryn are taking a gymnastics class at the YMCA, one right after the other, on Tuesdays and they're loving that. It's a fun outlet, and I wish I would've known all along that you could take classes at the Y, even if you weren't a member. I've wasted a lot of money at The Little Gym, but oh well.

We still do preschool with Tyler every day and I'm trying to teach him how to read, so we do a little lesson or two every day for that as well. Brynlee, on the other hand, still needs to learn her colors. She says everything is green, even when I think she knows the right answer. She's also started asking to go potty the past few days. Although she hasn't actually gone in the toilet, I do let her sit on it whenever she asks, and that's about it.

I love having a treadmill, and my days go the best when I can get my fat butt out of bed in the morning to run before the kids get up. Still have a good 10 pounds to lose. I'm grateful that my health is back and allows me to work out, it makes me feel so much better, and be so much more productive. I think I'm starting to get the hang of 3 kids. It's proven to be a much bigger number than 2 most days. I remember when I only had to do laundry once a week...those were the good ol' days hahah. Just kidding, I am loving my life right now.

Madison is an excellent sleeper, probably because she's a formula fed baby. For reasons which I will not discuss on this blog, I only nursed her for 5 weeks, and anyway we do bottles now. She's the most perfect baby and I'm wondering how much of it is her personality, and how much of it is that she's bottle fed. But in any case, it sure is nice. She's also started sucking her thumb this past week, and it is the cutest thing ever. I know most parents don't like that at all, but she can put herself back to sleep without me having to get up and give her a pacifier. And she doesn't do it very often, so I'm letting it go.

The sun was shining today and even though it was still only 40 degrees outside, we went on a nice walk and the kids rode bikes on the driveway for a while. We can't wait for Spring!!!!

3 comments:

Cam said...

So glad you're doin' well Linds! Way to run, too. I went for a run today and I about died. I need to be more like you!

Shalee and Andy Weston said...

So happy to hear that you guys are recovered and doing well!

Caitlin said...

sounds like you guys are doing well. how are you liking having a formula fed baby? i'm so over nursing. but i just can't stop because i don't like it. i need a better reason...darn!