Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Just stuff


Last Thursday Madison laughed for the first time! Before she would do like a one-chuckle thing, but this was a real laugh!! I had her in just her diaper, about to give her a bath and I was tickling her and she laughed!! I love love love it. She turned 3 months old on the 5th, so last Saturday. I can't believe she's already that old, but at the same time I think it's weird that she's not older. I know that doesn't make sense. She's super big though. We tried to weigh her at home on our scale and she's over 16 pounds! She's such a joy to have around. Seriously she makes everyone happier. My mom said the other day how your first two kids you usually get are hot and cold, and the third one is just right. That's certainly true for us. And by the way, let me just mention that I am also the third child :)
I have been thinking lately how babies just come as they are. No matter what you try to do as parents, pretty much their personalities and natures are going to stay the same. You just try to work with what you've got. They are who they are from day 1--actually from before since their spirits were existing, but let's not get too technical. Like Brynlee, for example, was a really hard baby. She cried a lot. I realize now that I have another baby, how traumatized I was from her. haha, I know that sounds awful. But still, to this day, she is my hardest. 90% of the time, it is Brynlee having a melt down in public, or running away, or mouthing off to me, or hitting, or waking up at weird times, etc. I will also add that she changes pretty fast, and can be as sweet as sweet can be the next minute, full of loves for everyone! But anyway, I was just thinking how cool it is that we are all unique, and to not fret so much as parents about the way our children act, (to an extent; I'm not saying they shouldn't still be taught and disciplined) because they are pre-wired that way.
Tyler asks me the neatest questions. They come totally out of the blue, too.
How do our bodies float up to God?
How do trees stay standing up?
Which bear is the biggest?
How do babies get here? Like when you're a mom and a dad, how do you just get a baby?
Why do people do bad things?
Why does that girl have 2 dads?
And on and on and on. Leads to a lot of discussions about the resurrection, root systems, homosexuality, etc. that I never thought I'd be having with a 4-year old. All on his level, of course. But I am continually amazed at how high his "level" really is.
This past weekend we had Stake Conference. Saturday was fun becuase Kenny and Jared went up early for another session with a bunch of men and Terra, Charlene Kraude, and I came later. We got a babysitter, Cassie, for the evening and the kids had fun with her (though I had Madi with me). We loved going out to eat with our husbands at Qdoba before the adult session. It was like a triple date and we had a great time. On Sunday they broadcasted it from Salt Lake so we got to have it at just our church, instead of driving 45 minutes again to the stake center. It was a great weekend. This is getting really long.

No comments: