Friday, March 25, 2011

Honesty is (usually) the best policy

We love pizza around here. Ever since I got my new pizza stone a couple months ago, we've been having homemade pizza every Thursday night. I do one cheese pizza for the kids, and try something new for me and Kenny. Last night I did chicken alfredo. We also like veggie, hawaiian, supreme, BBQ chicken, and whatever we can throw together. But the whole cheese pizza thing for the kids week after week sounds not so healthy. But let me tell you my tricks... I use freshly ground whole wheat flour for the dough. Also, the sauce is made from sauteed spinach and crushed tomatoes. And they eat it! Well, mostly. I occassionally catch them pulling out a piece of spinach out of their mouths and saying "eww, yucky!" But I've convinced them that it's just the "sauce" so they keep going. Tyler is on to me though. He says, are these vegetables? And I have to lie through my teeth--no, it's just cheese pizza. I know, I'm so sneaky. But if you knew how little of vegetables this kid really eats, you'd be cheering on my deception tactics.

And just for fun, here's a picture of Brynlee perched precariously on the kichen sink, so she can reach the tap. She likes to repeatedly wash her hands and play with the dishes in the sink. I did get her a taller chair after snapping this picture to avoid an accident, but then she completely soaked herself and we had to change her clothes. So I don't know which way is better.


And look at my little Madi Lynn propping herself up on her elbows! She can halfway roll over haha. She gets her top half, she just can't swing her big legs over. I finally took her into the doctor on Wed. to see why her cold won't go away and she had an ear infection. So hopefully this antibiotic will get rid of it for good.

2 comments:

Cam said...

Madi is growing up too fast! I need to come meet her before she grows any bigger. I'll have to try chicken alfred- that sounds delicious!!

Tina Braegger said...

oh my goodness, I totally feel you on this! I have the hardest time getting Olivia to eat veggies when she can see them! The pizza is an awesome idea, because what kid doesn't like cheese :) Have you ever heard of the book Deceptively Delicious? Tyrell got it for me for V-Day and I LOVE it! It has amazing recipes and way yummy desserts that you hide veggies in and you have no idea they are even there. It is pretty darn cool.
Little Madison is so flippin cute! I can't believe how chunky she is, it cracks me up!