Saturday, March 19, 2011

Way too much

I have way too much to catch up on, and although I shouldn't, I'm going to do one looooong post. So here goes!

Last Saturday, March 12th I went to a fun fashion show/brunch thing that Lisa invited me and several other gals to. It was fun to get out for a few hours and look at cute clothes and jewelry. Later that afternoon my parents, my brother Tim, and my sister Sarah came up to our house!! It was their spring break so they took advantage of the break and came up here to go to Nauvoo. That night we went over to Lisa's (she's moving to Katy so she and my mom had fun getting to know each other and talked about houses/areas, etc.) we ate Papa Murphy's pizza and watched the BYU game!! Pretty dissapoing that time though.

Sunday morning my family left early, and took Tyler with them to Nauvoo! I stayed home with the girls from church because they both had fevers during the night and colds. This picture is from that evening when they were both still feeling miserable, and somewhat dramatic. Poor things. Kenny said that he is putting a request in for boys :)


Monday: Not much happened. I spent the entire day taking care of sickies, and cleaning, to get ready to show the house that night. Our landlord is trying to find a replacement renter for when we leave at the end of April so I had to get it looking presentable. Oh, and it was totally snowing all morning.

Tuesday: I missed my presidency meeting, and the kids missed their gymnastics, and we just were taking it easy because they were still not doing great. No fevers anymore, just still yucky colds. I hate when babies are sick. This is my sweet Madison zonked out on the couch. She is such a sweetheart. She loves to have her hands up by her face, and she's usually sucking on her thumb instead of the pacifier.

My family also got back Tuesday night. I really missed Tyler! I'm so pathetic, I hate being away from my kids. It was fun to see them again and spend time with them.

Wednesday: my family left at 6 a.m. and I really can't remember if anything happened that day. Kenny went to Young Mens that night as usual, that's about it I think.
Thursday: St. Patrick's Day! I normally hate this holiday and I don't understand why our whole nation celebrates it when we're not all Irish. I think it's pretty silly so I've never done anything for it. Even when I was little, if I did remember to wear green it was only to avoid being pinched by stupid kids. But this year I was eating my words as I was in charge of the playgroup we do once a month. I decided since it was on St. Patty's day I better put it around that. So we had a couple crafts for it and I made some rainbow jello. It really didn't go all that great becuase not many people showed up, and it was ridiculously windy so it was really hard for little kids to do crafts. We were all chasing a lot of papers around the park. But in the end, it was just fun to get out and play with other kids on the playground. I was just bummed that I wasted money and time on it, but that's okay.
It also got over 70 wonderful degrees that day so we really loved playing outside and opening all our windows. Brynlee's getting the hang of riding a tricycle, and it's pretty cute to watch her learn.

And we watched the BYU game online that night. Go Cougs!! My whole family is having a friendly competition with the brackets--I'm not doing too bad surprisingly enough!

Friday: I decided to be brave and take the kids out to Chesterfield, Missouri (an hour away) to the butterfly house. March is supposedly the best month to go and we had a fun time! It was really neat to see all the beautiful butterflies. I laughed a lot as my kids were dodging them like they were some deadly, frightening creatures. There were hundreds of butterflies and it was really cool.



They had a cool case of tons of Chrysalis' in all different stages. They get new shipments of butterflies in every day since they only live for a few weeks. It was pretty cool to see, and Tyler loved it!
After the butterfly house we decided to hit the fun mall that was right there by it. We shopped around and got lunch, and didn't go home until they were all exhausted. All in all it was a success, and I'm glad we went. I had to hurry home and clean again because we had to show the house again that night. And I got to make lots of crepes for the next morning. After the kids went to bed, Kenny and I watched the movie "Life as we know it" and I teared up several times. Cute show.
Saturday: Tyler had his first soccer game!!! It was really cold and windy, but I think it was an awesome first time. He's on the same team as 2 friends from church, Ashlynn Porter and Liam McLean. Ann McLean is their coach and so it's lots of fun to go there. We lost 3-2, but they don't really keep score anyway :). Ty's sad that he didn't score a goal, but we told him maybe next time. It's pretty cute to watch this swarm of kids chase a ball around. Only a few really know what to do, so it's hilarious. He feels so cool wearing shin guards and soccer shorts, he is really excited about the whole thing.



This is my favorite: his defensive stance. I'd definitely be intimidated if I was on the other team!
From there, Kenny dropped me off at the church for a Relief Society birthday brunch. It was lots of fun, and really well-done. (That's what the crepes were for.) It was all about purses, and the diff. bags we carry throughout our lives. Super cute, and fun to be there. The rest of the day has been Saturday stuff. Washing and vacuuming out cars, running, house cleaning, and now Kenny's at a Stake dance shakin his bootie. Just kidding, he saves all his best dance moves for me haha :)
It's been a long, good week. If only we could get our little girls healthy again, I'd be thrilled!

4 comments:

Cam said...

I'm so sorry your kids have been sick again Linds! They need to come breath some mountain air. :) Hope everyone feels better soon. Looks like y'all had a fun week in spite of it all! You're the best mom ever.

Elise said...

Ok, that last picture is hilarious! I know you can't really tell, but it looks like the boy in front of Ty is scratching where the sun don't shine, and the boy behind him is picking his nose!

Caitlin said...

i'm sorry you guys are sick! that's not fun. we haven't been sick all winter and it just hit us yesterday. i hope everyone feels better soon!

Kimberly said...

What a cutie! Wish we could see one of his games. :) So I learned a good trick for ear infections. You grate an onion using a really fine grater, then drain the juice from it (I just prop the bowl up a bit), and drop the juice into the child's ear. Let it sit a couple minutes then drain it out. Sam's been sick a ton but we always do the onion juice trick before we take him to the doctor and so far no ear infections. Worth a try!