Sunday, June 23, 2013

Father's Day


Last Sunday, June 16th, was Father's Day. We love having a whole day to celebrate what a wonderful father Kenny is. These 4 hoodlums are crazy about him, as am I. On Thursday night Kenny left right after work and went salmon fishing (the first weekend of the season--more on that later) and so he was gone all night long, getting back on Friday a.m. around 5:30. So it was a great time for the kids and I to brave grill shopping! It was tricky getting it in the car, and then unloading it and around the back of the house and setting it all up. But I did it, and he had no idea :). We were going to wait until Sunday to surprise him. But Saturday he was going to mow the lawn, so obviously he would see it if he walked into the backyard! So we decided to present it to him then and I think he likes it. I may like it even more than him, because I absolutely love not heating up the house when it's hot, and less dishes to clean. We don't have A/C (nobody in AK does) so when it gets warm outside, we are roasting inside. We've had an unusually warm summer, which is awesome, but it means a really hot upstairs. Anyways...we use it a lot and it's been great.


Tyler hugging him and Brynlee offering a bouquet of dandelions. You can always count on Bryn to have a bouquet of dandelions. She is constantly picking flowers.

Cute girl on father's day

Grilling some kabobs (steak for him, chicken for us) on his big day
 Kenny also had the opportunity to give a talk in church that day. He was very emotional. In fact, I have never seen him cry that much in our whole marriage as he did during that talk. Which was really sweet to me,  because it shows how tender his feelings are concerning being a father, and towards his own father. I loved hearing what he had to say.

I really love how Kenny always puts his family first. He is so good about playing and wrestling with the kids when he comes home from work. They can always count on their dad to be their for him, and take care of them. He is much more concerned about mine and the kids well-being and comfort than he is about his own. I love those things about him. When you get married, you don't really know what kind of a parent they are going to be, because you don't have kids yet. But I got lucky. He is a super-duper dad and we love him so much.

No comments: