Sunday, June 30, 2013

Pink Eye and Parties

We've had a good week for the most part. One of the not-so-fun aspects was that Tyler got pink eye. They were all sick with colds, then he got pink eye. Then Brynlee got pink eye. Then Kesley caught pink eye. And I'm crossing my fingers that Madison doesn't get it too! But it wouldn't surprise me at all if she did. Conjuctivitis is like the gift that keeps on giving! The good news is we have eye drops to take care of it, and that's a pretty easy remedy that I'm very grateful for. 

 Playing at OSP

One of my favorite times of the day. Studying the BOM in French (with English there as a steady reference for my rusty language skills). I'm determined to be better at speaking by the time we got to France--April 2015!

Checking up on our house as usual. We love seeing progress. This week they should be putting gin the sheetrock.

I feel like the last 3 weeks Kenny has been putting a lot of time in on our cars! Both the van and his car have been making funny (but different) noises. So he's replaced a lot of parts in both. In the van he changed the oil, new router and brake pads. In his car...well I don't know all the different things he's been doing, except for the alternator. I know that one. Boy it has taken a while, but he finally got it running well (with no awful noises) on Saturday and he was SO proud of himself! It was a lot of work but he persevered and saved us hundreds of dollars. I'm grateful for his handy-man skills. And you-tube.
On Thursday, BP had their company party. We met Kenny there around 4 p.m. and had a great time at the Shrek-themed event. They had a petting zoo, ponies/horses to ride, inflatable play-things, and of course food.

1st picture: Kelsey starts crying when getting too close to the animals. #2 she's warming up. Then Kenny just sat her down in the pen with them. She cried at first and then decided she loved them. She would literally hug the lambs and lay her head down on their soft little wool. She also picked one up a couple of times and was practically torturing this animal with her new-found love. We were laughing so hard.

Madison sat on the horse, and then freaked out and decided she was too scared. So she didn't actually "ride" on it like the other two did. Maybe next time. Brynlee sure thought riding that pony was the coolest thing ever.
Tyler also went to a few days of Bible Camp this week at the University Baptist Church. It was a free thing our neighbors invited him to, 3 hours each day. He went last year also and loved it, so he was very excited to go again and super bummed when he had to miss the first couple days because of being sick. It was great for him to come home and tell me about what he learned, and we'd talk about the differences between our churches, and our beliefs. It was a lot of fun for him and I'm glad he got to go.

Friday night we went on a date and saw Man of Steel. It was awesome! Always fun to get out together.
Saturday night we babysat for the Rogers (don't worry, the kids had all been on the antibiotic eye drops for several days).
We also got a storage unit that will make the transition into our next home fairly smooth.

Kid Quotes:
Madison made Brynlee upset somehow and through her tears she says, "Mads, you bwoke my happy heart!"
Saturday morning Tyler wakes up and gets a head start on his chores. He tells me, "I realize that if I just get all my chores done early in the morning, I have the rest of the day to do whatever I want!" HELLO!! This is a major revelation, and considering he's only 6 years old, I'm very impressed.

2 comments:

Charity said...

Thats awesome that Kenny is so handy! And I'm impressed with your brushing up on the French- are just you and Kenny going or are you going with one of your families? Your kids remind me of my own so much- they are really alike.

--oh this is Charity :)

Kimberly said...

I love all the kid quotes! All your kids are so smart and so dang cute. Good for you reading the French BoM! I need to start studying up as well. Big time. You're such a great example to me! Love you.